Forum Posts

'Can You Learn from eBay’s Tips on Reducing Returns?'

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2018/04/14/can-you-learn-from-ebays-tips-on-reducing-returns/ This is interesting to me ONLY because when the Returns rate first materialized on our Dashboards, we were reassured that this wasn't a metric that would be ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 3 helpful

Two Invoices From eBay... again

I got 2 invoices from eBay for April... again. It also happend last December: one in US$, the other in CAD$. The US one has the exact same amount I paid for a "promoted listing fee" last month on an item that sold under this tool. Why is eBay chargin...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Difference between sales ($) and transactions ($)?

Hi, I though that I had met the requirements to qualify for Powerseller status and after many calls with eBay I was finally told I hadn't. I am going to put some screen shots of my dashboard showing my sales and then my sales in the other section of ...

1.jpg 2.jpg

Malware detected when viewing listings.

Getting tiresome having to listen to the random music playing while browsing my own listings. In an effort to try and identify just what might be going on behind the scenes I installed Malwarebytes Premium. The new program is running alongside IBM Ra...

Buyer asking for refund

4 days ago I got a message saying "please refund my payment". It was from an item sent to Sweden on Feb. 24th. I replied asking for the reason, I don't know if it didn't arrive, was a change of mind, it could be that she couldn't read the pattern as ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer wants refund but doesnt want ti open a claim.

I shipped an item without tracking.Buyer says they have not received item after two weeks.Buyer ask for refund, I suggest to open a claim through EBay.Buyer doesn't want to open claimBuyers message - " you can send me the refund by Paypal, you have 5...

• 29 replies
  • 0 helpful

As a seller, what's not to like about...

Shipped from Toronto April 9, arrived in Finland April 18 (thank you CCE int'l) yet it appears the corp would have had my back for yet another 4 months time. Thanks so much S.J. (As I have still not mastered the art of screen grabs, best I could prov...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Any Problems Mailing Non Printed Material by Regular LetterPost USA and LetterPost International ?

My query concerns mail sent in a standard paper envelope weighing less than 51 grams. The relevant services for the purposes of this discussion are Canada Post Letter-Post USA and Letter-Post International. I am well aware of the postal regulations, ...

An interesting comparison

As an experiment (and also to take advantage of a recent FVF promo), I recently listed an item (as a new listing) on eBay.ca that had previously been listed (as a new item) on eBay.com for a month. This is an item that normally, i.e. prior to 2017, w...

• 11 replies
  • 6 helpful

Transfers from PayPal are Faster than ever

Since I closed my eBay store and stopped selling on eBay a year ago, I have not had the pleasure of receiving payments through PayPal. All my inventory liquidations sales - made directly to wholesalers or dealers or through auctions - have generally ...

Promotions

Promotions are coming fast and furious. I am grateful for them all. Now they are over lapping. I activate and list, BUT. all that said, listings are active and 0 is viewing. All my listings have 0 - 5 visits. Is it possible someone finally noticed al...

Resolved! Is Something Up with CPO Site?

I can't create labels on PP or Shippo. Is anyone else having problems. From Shippo: CanadaPost: The Mailed on Behalf of Customer Number is invalid. Please contact the Credit Management Group at 1-800-267-7651.DHLExpress: Shippo's DHL Express master a...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can't select International shipping in new listing form

Hello...this is my first post on these boards, so please bear with me. I have noticed recently when I go to use the listing form it shows domestic shipping and either worldwide/United States shipping options. However, I am trying to select Canada, U....

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Question About Closing Store

I plan to close my media store at the end of the month, when my subscription is done. I was wondering if, at the time it closes, I have approximately 100 listings on each of .ca and .com, do these remain until the 30-day period is up? And then I can ...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Changes to returns process/procedures?

Issue: How to handle remorse return request opened as a not as described return request. I’ll preface this by noting this pertained to a listing on .com. I had a return request that fit the above scenario this evening. From the return details and the...

• 25 replies
  • 3 helpful

Secure Listings Bug

As mentioned in the Fall 2017 Seller Update, listings containing http content should be upgraded to https (SSL) to avoid the listings' item description from being partially hidden from view. For me, I have upgraded my image hosting to include the SSL...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Another Glitch listing today too - ACTIVE CONTENT WARNING back .. keeps looping on !

Hi - I generally use the "Sell Similar" function to whip up a new listing. Thus in the last hours using listings that have been up and correct -to suddenly get the -Fix Active Content Banner -come up again was a shock - so I clicked it through and be...

Here's a strange picture issue

Here's an interesting scenario, I've check from several different handles and have gotten the same result. We listed a Swarovski R2-D2 figurine today, and when it became visible on eBay this is what is looks like in search. When you click on the flow...

screenshot1.png
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

An option if you become ebay incapacitated

Likely like a few others here, I'm in the unfortunate situation of being the only eBay conversant person in my household and of course a one man ebay show. I was trying to figure out what all screens to print out and instructions to write so that my ...

• 5 replies
  • 11 helpful

Heads up when revising items

Attempted to revise an item on .com last night and when I got to the bottom of the page it was charging me a fee of 23 cents. When you clicked on it to see what it was it said photo gallery free and insertion fee 23 cents. I did do a revision on .ca ...

Join us for eBay Open 2018

Hi all! In case you missed the recent Seller News article, registration for eBay Open 2018 is now open, and we're hoping you'll join us. I met some of you at eBay Open 2016, and from what I've heard, it's only gotten bigger and better since then. The...

Promoted Listings adds Sales Reports function

I've toyed with Promoted Listings since they first became available on ebay.ca and noticed this morning there is another feature added to it that lets you look at the items that sold using your promotion with sale price and fees paid displayed. In ca...

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 9.11.35 AM.png
  • 26 replies
  • 1 helpful

Invoice in spanish

Every day something new and different. I sold an item to a buyer in Texas. I sent the invoice as usual. The copy of the invoice into my email is in Spanish. As I don't speak Spanish I am assuming it's the standard format for an invoice. I've been mes...

Labels