Buyer HAS PAID - WANTS SHIPMENT DELAYED 7 Weeks - Should I Mark Shipped ?

Hello - My buyer paid for 2 items Feb. 4th.  From the beginning, he knew he was travelling and asked for us to hold shipment til the end of February. Now he has unfortunately broke his wrist and won't be returning home til after March 15th....  Is E-bay going to do anything IF I continue to show this item as unshipped?   Should I mark it as shipped now ?  I already warned the buyer that I may have to. - and I have secured his other email address, that disappears after 60 days.

Any Thoughts ? buyer has paid $105.00 cdn including shipping

Thank You - Melanie

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark it as shipped. It will be treated just like a shipment with no tracking, if the buyer is still able to leave feedback (60 days) they may be asked if it arrived on time, an answer is not required to leave feedback and even if they do they would likely say yes.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do you have messages via eBay Messages that says he wants shipping delayed? Is the item Tracked?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Mark it as shipped. It will be treated just like a shipment with no tracking, if the buyer is still able to leave feedback (60 days) they may be asked if it arrived on time, an answer is not required to leave feedback and even if they do they would likely say yes.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes -several messages back and forth -where he clearly asks us to hold it - The weight of the items does mean it will be shipped Expedited USA -so will eventually be a Tracking # -once we actually ship it - so will be proof there
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you can prove to eBay that the buyer specifically asked you to delay shipment, you can appeal any Late Shipment Report you get. According to what they told us when the new metrics came.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply