Buyer hasn't arranged collection.

Hi all.

So first time seller.

Someone bought the item I was selling, with local collection only, no shipping stated on my add.

I'm in Ontario and the buyer is up in Nunavut. Firstly they asked if I could ship it to them. I refused reiterating "local pick up only, no shipping".

They then asked if I could package it up, they would send Canada Post to collect. I did, and Canada post never came, I've messaged the buyer about this several times, no response.

The money in my PayPal account is "on Hold".

Not sure what to do from here? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It usually isn't a good idea to have the buyer purchasing the shipping rather than having you purchase it because you're not in control of the delivery at all. If they had it delivered to an address other than what was on the payment it's possible that they could claim item not received.  You already did agree to that but if the buyer hasn't arranged pickup and won't contact you, you can cancel the sale through your sales history by clicking on the arrow dropdown and choosing cancel -- problem with buyer's address.  It will automatically refund the buyer and credit your fvf fees.

How long ago did they say that they would arrange pick up?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks.
They didn't. They just said they would contact Canada Post, and that was the last I heard.
That was at least a week or more ago, and they have not replied to any messages.
I've sent serval.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Frankly this is a Failed Transaction.

Your simplest method of getting out of it, and fastest, is to cancel the transaction as Problem With Address.

He will automatically be refunded, you will get your fees back, and both of you can leave feedback.

My suggestion for FB is either none, or a positive "I regret I cannot ship to Nunavut", but only because that would be more interesting than most FB.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This is an attempted scam. Do not fall for it....

Message 5 of 5
latest reply