.CA account - Selling to US customers via Broker? Issues with Calculated shipping.

I've had my Canadian eBay for many years, I'd like to offer cheaper shipping to my USA based customers.

I have a broker that I use with a USA address, so my items are in Canada but I send them to my USA address via my broker, and then USPS from there.

How can I have my listings so that my Canadian users (domestic) get Canada Post, but my USA customers get USPS?

When I try to set it up, it won't let me, says I need to input a Canadian 'origin' address, a Postal Code.  I can't have the calculated shipping calculate from an USA address, only a Canadian one.

Am I unable to have a:

USA to USA Calculated address?

CDN to CDN Calculated address?

At the same time?

I have a USA and CDN address in my account, not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

.CA account - Selling to US customers via Broker? Issues with Calculated shipping.

You can't use calculated shipping for a service that originates in another country. If you are listing on .ca you would have to use a flat rate for your US buyers.   

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As we are both in Alberta, may ask which company you are using to bring your items to the US?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

DYK Post.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ok, thank you.

I think that USPS in the USA is a lot easier to flat rate though, isn't it?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You can list the items that you normally would have to use Calculated Shipping for on dotCA.

And the ones you normally would use Flat Rate for on dotCOM.

For me, the former are anything I can't send LetterMail, and the later are those that must go parcel rate or which I want to track.

Since you don't have a Store, you can list 50 item FREE every month on dot CA. But did you realize you can list another 50 on  dotCOM, with the same ID and no extra charge?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, flat rate is easier for the US, especially if you are using first class.  The rates do vary depending on the zone but by only a few dollars

Message 7 of 7
latest reply