Can't change promotion campaign "Sell similar" or "re-List" for BINS, Auctions top one only option

I might be the only person that cares about this but for standard promotions when relisting or selling similar:

If the item was a BIN in the past, I cannot change the promotion campaign it was previously attached to. It will bring up the list of promotion campaigns and one can pick one, but normally the drop down list does not go away. If perchance it actually does select the item (about 1 times in 10) if one checks afterward it didn't take it still went into the original one it was in before.

If the item was an auction before (ie no promotion could not be selected) the ONLY choice one has is the "top" ie first promotion campaign in the list. Again it can't be changed from that one.

This has been the case for more than a week, I cleared my cache to be sure. It also happens on both .CA and .COM whilst using Chrome.

I'm assuming velvet@ebay and jasmen@ebay this is one to add to the ticket list.....THX for your help!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Can't change promotion campaign "Sell similar" or "re-List" for BINS, Auctions top one only option

In the meantime, what happens when you ignore ReList and go with  Sell Similar?

That usually gives you the identical listing, but you can make changes -- since the idea is that the new listing is "similar" but not identical.  That sounds self-evident but... someone might not have realized it.

I did a Sell Similar from a Sold listing earlier today and was able to change the picture and the description. I never looked at the PL if the original listing even was.  Sorry.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 Neither sell similar or relist works.

The little "drop down thingy" to let you pick something else is what is broken, looks like "everywhere"... or at least for me!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I might be the only person that cares about this but for standard promotions when relisting or selling similar:

If the item was a BIN in the past, I cannot change the promotion campaign it was previously attached to. It will bring up the list of promotion campaigns and one can pick one, but normally the drop down list does not go away. If perchance it actually does select the item (about 1 times in 10) if one checks afterward it didn't take it still went into the original one it was in before.

If the item was an auction before (ie no promotion could not be selected) the ONLY choice one has is the "top" ie first promotion campaign in the list. Again it can't be changed from that one.

This has been the case for more than a week, I cleared my cache to be sure. It also happens on both .CA and .COM whilst using Chrome.

I'm assuming velvet@ebay and jasmen@ebay this is one to add to the ticket list.....THX for your help!

Have you attemped to go in blanket end a promotion? I was using continuous, but was seeing limited results. Any sales from using promotions were very limited. I ended those promotions and restarted with a confirmed end date. Was the only way I could modify a listing to remove the promotion specifics attached. It's similar to trying to change an auction with a bid or nearing it's end. The feature is blocked.

In checking my current promotions there isn't even an option to update/modify the end date. This has been the only link I can use to get back to my 1% promotions. The main tab brings you to any sales type promotions you've created. There is a tab called "Advertising" but is nul and void.

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/mktg/pl

-Lotz

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

In the meantime, what happens when you ignore ReList and go with  Sell Similar?

That usually gives you the identical listing, but you can make changes -- since the idea is that the new listing is "similar" but not identical.  That sounds self-evident but... someone might not have realized it.

I did a Sell Similar from a Sold listing earlier today and was able to change the picture and the description. I never looked at the PL if the original listing even was.  Sorry.

I believe in the past when I tried to update....meaning remove the promotion from a listing using sell similar I got an error message. Mind you I haven't tested in awhile. This may be something they are doing ongoing modifications to with no published specifics as to what those changes are.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I don't want to end the promotions, because it screws up my order and would take a fair while to fix, and I doubt very much it would fix the problem based on how it looks to be behaving.

My mechanism for the promotions is:

2022 started items

2021 started items

Medium old stuff

Old stuff

Very old stuff  (up to 10 years old)

So stuff that sells from anything below the top group should go into the 2022 group when it is relisted.

I adust the promoted % based on how old the stuff is, the oldest gets a bit higher % (yes I know I'm competing against myself but the $ amount is not that much and it seems to be working).

Fortunately everything new ie relisted from an Auction is going into the 2022 anyway whew.

However if something sells from the very old for example, I can't move it up to the 2022 where it should be.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I don't want to end the promotions, because it screws up my order and would take a fair while to fix, and I doubt very much it would fix the problem based on how it looks to be behaving.

My mechanism for the promotions is:

2022 started items

2021 started items

Medium old stuff

Old stuff

Very old stuff  (up to 10 years old)

So stuff that sells from anything below the top group should go into the 2022 group when it is relisted.

I adust the promoted % based on how old the stuff is, the oldest gets a bit higher % (yes I know I'm competing against myself but the $ amount is not that much and it seems to be working).

Fortunately everything new ie relisted from an Auction is going into the 2022 anyway whew.

However if something sells from the very old for example, I can't move it up to the 2022 where it should be.

My guess what are currently finding as the limited possible options  for modifying a promoted listing were intentional. Hopefully you can get clarification from jasmen@ebay  or velvet@ebay .

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It used to work as I used it all the time.

When the drop down box opens, it isn't complete, the top bar of the box is missing, you can click on anything in the list and it populates but the box doesn't close and the only way to leave is to turn off the promoted link and turn it on again.

I did my time programming (in a definitely different world), but I'm 99.99% sure it's a programming fault, the select box isn't properly/completely opening/closing as it should.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for brining this to our attention @ricarmic I'm happy to pass this along! 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply