Can’t open messages

pattylogan
Community Member
Hi, I keep receiving emails telling me that users are messaging me through the eBay app, but I can’t read it unless I open it through the app. Once I go to the messages tab in the app, it keeps telling me that something went wrong and to try again later but it never goes away even when I click reload. Dose anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I’ve try everything…deleting the app and redownloading it, loging out and back in, making a new account(just to test that theory out) etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Can’t open messages

byto253
Community Member

Is this on a phone or computer?  If a phone, try a computer and vice versa. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Can’t open messages

So you can't read it in the app or on the pc? Or you can open and read it on the app but can't reply?   

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Can’t open messages

It seems to only be broken on the app because the website keeps rederecting me to the app
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Can’t open messages

There is a setting in the app that controls whether eBay browser links open in the app or not.

To disable that feature in an Android device, use your device manager to go to Settings: Apps: eBay: Open Supported Links: Open by Default and choose "do not open in the app".

For iOS devices, tap and hold an eBay browser link and you should see an option to disable opening in the eBay app.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply