Canada Post Expedited Shipping Label Ignores Ebay Dimensions Bug

townpost
Community Member

Something is wrong with the interface between Ebay and Canada Post Expedited Shipping. As a result I was charged twice for shipping and the total cost of shipping was more than I sold the item for.  Ebay sent me a friendly email that they will be charging my Credit card for the difference.

I enter the dimensions 20x15x10 (see screenshot)

townpost_1-1709697996042.png

But the shipping label shows 5x5x5cm

townpost_2-1709698053111.png

I contacted Ebay yesterday, they said they would get back to me within 24 hours but so far I haven't heard anything back.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

@jsgamesandmore wrote:

This problem has happened from the start, I'm sending out 30- 40 of these... and 80% are double charged with no help from eBay.. they tell me to message Canada Post. Canada Post doesn't even know what this is. Its double charging for shipping. FIX THE DIMENSIONS OR CALL IT CANADA POST EXPEDITED LITE. 

What is the actual size and weight of the packages you're sending out? Are they poly bags / bubble mailers or boxes?

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

@jsgamesandmore wrote:

This problem has happened from the start, I'm sending out 30- 40 of these... and 80% are double charged with no help from eBay.. they tell me to message Canada Post. Canada Post doesn't even know what this is. Its double charging for shipping. FIX THE DIMENSIONS OR CALL IT CANADA POST EXPEDITED LITE. 

What is the actual size and weight of the packages you're sending out? Are they poly bags / bubble mailers or boxes?

@jsgamesandmore 

@flipistics 

devon@ebay  If sellers are entering the correct measurements and betting that majority are system should AUTOMATICALLY be picking up the information if parcel cubes out over the 200 gram limit and blocking that service (expedited lite) from being an option. The way it is currently running is counter intuitive. Same would go for the calculator in calculated shipping. Over the limit...service gets blocked. Buyer does not receive an invoice for an invalid service and only sees valid shipping options. If the measuremnts changed at final packaging (label creation stage) and suddenly met the requirements service would be available and seller could downgrade. 

-Lotz

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

Smart idea, thanks for sharing. I was thinking of the same idea. but glad to hear from experience 

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

16.16.12 cm boxes under 200 grams 

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

@jsgamesandmore

Try to keep package size under 2600 cubic cm to prevent surcharges. I haven't been surcharged since started doing that.
Message 45 of 46
latest reply

@jsgamesandmore wrote:

16.16.12 cm boxes under 200 grams 

Are those the ACTUAL measurements or is that the size the box says on it? Most boxes list the inside dimensions, and those are almost right up against the limits.

Message 46 of 46
latest reply