Cost of Small Packets USA label doesn't match the fee taken from available funds

Earlier this week I purchased a Small Packet USA label from Ebay Labels it cost $9.50 and today I see they withdrew $9.53 from my availble funds .  It is only 3cents difference but wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their Ebay label purchases.   I looked under Orders, Shipping Labels and it says $9.50 for the cost of the label but in Payments, All Trasactions it shows $9.53 for the label fee.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cost of Small Packets USA label doesn't match the fee taken from available funds

5 REPLIES 5

Hmmmm, I actually just noticed the same thing on my most current Tracked Packet USA charge. 

On Augst 8th, I paid $11.65, while I paid $11.63 on July 27th and July 31st for the same service, which is what it usually is. 

I just went and checked the rates on eBay labels and they are indeed now showing at $11.65 which means that there was probably an increase. That might explain why label chargebacks were delayed for so long this last couple weeks. You probably just got caught between what eBay had listed for a cost and what CP changed it to.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Probably fuel surcharge slight increase on August 2 for august versus July.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/sending/rates-dimensions/fuel-surcharges-on...
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@t_bjarnason wrote:
...On Augst 8th, I paid $11.65, while I paid $11.63 on July 27th and July 31st for the same service, which is what it usually is.  I just went and checked the rates on eBay labels and they are indeed now showing at $11.65 which means that there was probably an increase.

Small Packet and Tracked Packet has a fuel surcharge added. The surcharge is adjusted the first Monday of every month.

August 2 had an increase of 0.25% for USA/Int'l shipments.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/sending/rates-dimensions/fuel-surcharges-on...

Which does not sound like the problem the OP is seeing, since their sale date/label purchase does not cross the adjustment date of August 2.

-;-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes generally speaking the $ amount for small packet will change up or down each month, it is based on the changing cost of fuel. That is a newly added thing Canada Post began doing this year, previously the fuel surcharge was not attached to small packets. (it affects US and international)

It was a sneaky way to increase the cost of small packet in the 8%ish range....

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@ricarmic  @ypdc_dennis Ah I see, I honestly didn't notice this before. Sneaky, sneaky. Thanks for the info. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply