Ebay Restriction Policy Is Crazy

So I just had 10 of my items cancelled because I supposedly was going against their policy.See below:

(We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Animal products policy. Products from endangered or protected species are not allowed). 

(In an effort to conform to international regulations concerning the sale of ivory, eBay has made updates to our ivory policies. We reviewed your item and have determined that it contains real ivory. While we appreciate that you have chosen to utilize our site, we must ask that you please not relist in this case).

Have had some of them listed for years. They are carved jewelry items made out of cow bovine bones. 

When I had these listed years ago as faux ivory they were also removed (you cannot even use the word ivory to describe a color).  So I changed it to cow bovine bone as thousands of other sellers have them listed that way. Had no problem for years again till now.  I don't think it is a person checking listings but robots who randomly select items. 

Can someone tell me since when are cows considered endangered species & I have never heard of them having ivory parts. It is almost laughable if it wasn't so frustrating.

And like I said thousands of people are still using the term faux ivory or bovine bone in tons of listings. Just doesn't seem fair to target a few people & not all the rest.

Just needed to rant as I know it is useless phoning eBay to complain.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay Restriction Policy Is Crazy

Looks like this is happening to quite a few other people form recent posts.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply