Error in Brand field causes items to fail at relist

My first post on this turns out to have been a red herring. (See it here: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Can-t-Relist-auto-or-otherwise-because-ebay-added-extra-...)

The problem isn't about all these extra fields that ebay has added, that is a coincidence. Or it may be part of the problem but an indirect one.

The error is with the Brand field specifically. 

Obviously, I'm selling a toy here made by Mattel. It's new and factory-sealed in package.

I cannot relist it and more than a dozen others due to the following 'errors'. 

No, the Brand is not missingNo, the Brand is not missingYes, Mattel is the brand for this listing and has been since it was first created two years agoYes, Mattel is the brand for this listing and has been since it was first created two years agoNo, this item is new and factory-sealed in package. Not handmade or unbrandedNo, this item is new and factory-sealed in package. Not handmade or unbranded

As an aside, I ran into the same problem late last week with another item I tried to revise. Paining Stickers. Someone somewhere messed this whole area up nicely and then left on holidays? As of this moment, it seems to be affecting listing that have either ended or are being revised. 

Item 232865595999

tyler@ebay

Could I eliminate the 'brand' and add it later as my own custom Item Specific? Probably, but that would mean three times as much work to fix a mistake that is not of my creation. And then if I forgot to fix it and this error of ebay's was eventually fixed, my item would be excluded from all searches for Mattel. Plus ignored as part of a Product-Based search. Which we all know is coming. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Same problem with Fisher-Price item 232865644224

Same problem with Panini item 331911253074

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 7.35.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-06 at 7.51.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-06 at 7.49.35 AM.png

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I noticed that when creating a listing in the TV & Movie Character Toys sub-category, the Brand field only allows you to choose from "Unbranded" or "Handmade"...
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @momcqueen - this has been impacting a number of different members, across different categories. The team involved posted on the .com forums today advising that the initial fix (thought to have been completed yesterday to this morning) has not resolved the issue. 

At this point in time it's still being worked on. I've added your account to the ticket, and the accounts of others reporting this and hope to see it resolved quickly.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@momcqueen & @nostalgicaftertaste - I've gotten word back that this should be fixed and stable as of now. Will you please test to confirm and let me know if there is still an issue?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Mine is fixed, thank you.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Fixed on my end also. Thanks!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Just discovered a new variation of an error message when relisting a ball cap. Error message as follows:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• The item specific Herstellernummer is missing. Add Herstellernummer to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.

That field does not even display in the listing to be updated. Translation for Herstellernummer is Manufacturer number. Unsure why it would be required to add a German Value to an English listing on dot ca. Attempting to add suggested field may cause more confusion than it solves.

Have put the listing on temporary hold. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

-CM

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Good grief!
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I think the database for the new system has a few bad symlinks. Too much coffee and pressure on the developer. eBay, give your programmers an extra day off to regroup, I fear they are being buried alive.

Reminds me of V.

Sutler: We are being buried beneath the avalanche of your inadequacies, Mr Creedy!!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Cheese Louise, it's happening to me too. I need to set my handling time to five business days because I'll be away from my desk next week, this System Error won't let me do that on random items. In the unlikeliness that one of these German Error items sells, the buyer is going to be very disappointed it's not shipped same-day as it currently claims, and I'll be stuck fighting a Late Shipment mark. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 8.25.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-11 at 8.26.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-11 at 8.29.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-11 at 8.29.09 AM.png

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Today i had warnings for my listings .The brand and MPN its missing need to do them again 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Re-attempted this particular listing yesterday and suddenly error message and issue has magically disappeared. When all else fails, put on back burner for few days, cross fingers and try try try again.  Darn ghosts in the machine!!!Robot Frustrated

-CM

Message 13 of 13
latest reply