First time Chit Chat User w/Ebay (Please help)

gigif8
Community Member

Hi! I am trying to choose Chit Chat as the carrier under my listing as a shipping option but I do not see it anywhere. I only have the option for Canada Post, UPS & Fedex. Does anyone ship with Chit Chat & can give me some advise. I asked Chit Chat and they claimed that they should be on the list. Just wondering if it is just not showing up for me, if there is a way to add them or what other sellers are doing. Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Just use the generic choices "economy", "standard", "express"

You won't be able to use calculated shipping (well you might be able to fake it but I don't recommend), you will use Flat Rate.

Chit Chat are not a "carrier" they are a consolidator.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the reply! I am also trying to figure out the US shipment as they don't have that option of economy, stadnard, expresss. (Only Canada Post, UPS & Fedex. )

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I use chitchat at times and use the setting recped indicated.  I actually use them for Canada Post to, as Ebay timeframes for specific carriers can be to tight.   

Be careful if you are tempted to use Chitchats economy.  I am going to do a specific post about that service option, but it is very slow.  Regular chitchats brings it across the border directly to USPS at that point.  Economy uses another forwarder for inside the US and it is much slower, and is handed off to USPS at the destination state.  And tracking does not kick in until USPS gets it, so that can be a looong time.  Economy is really delivery confirmation, not tracking.   

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much, and for the tip about economy. I had no clue 🙂

Have you ever shipped using chit chat for US buyers? I cannot seem to find the generic options for shipping with the US shipment options. I only see that available for Canada & Worldwide.  I am trying to avoid worldwide shipping for now because of the shipping price. Thanks a bunch

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Here are some screenshots for listing on .ca  The first shows the pull down menu for selecting the service.  The second where you select custom location, then tick the US checkbox.   

ship.jpg

ship2.jpg

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

Something else to do when getting ready to list is to set up your excluded list.  Even though you only show options to ship to the US and Canada, your listing is visible to the world.  You may be getting shipping cost requests because of that, or even someone buying it without knowing the cost, who just cancels when you tell them the amount.  Click on "Edit list" as is circled in red and it will bring you to click boxes.  Note that you can click the box for a region and all those countries are selected for exclusion.  For North America, you can click click the box for all countries, then pull down the country list and un-select the US.   When you go in it is very straight forward.   (You can enlarge the screenshots by clicking on them) 

ship3.jpg

Message 7 of 7
latest reply