Hi there! New Seller but Saddened already...

funkyfinds403
Community Member

So I am starting my own account after letting my partner list my things since they have a great rating, but i wanted my own. 

I had a buyer and clearly running a scam send me a message to text them re details of an already purchased item by them. I wasnt thinking so I texted a reply, and then was asked to purchase an apple pay card and mail it with the item  Of course its a scam, but I don't want a hit on a first non sale by cancelling it.  of course its not paid for either.

I have sent a payment reminder to them since it seems like i need to let the buyer default in order to avoid a negative on my account. My friend has the option to request payment on sale but it appears i do not as a new seller.

any suggestions to avoid a negative right out the gate?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can cancel the order if no payment received after 4 calendar days. Read the link below for more info. 

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items?id=4137

Once you cancel the order, you'll receive a credit for any applicable fees, and your item will be relisted automatically unless you choose not to relist. We'll also remove any feedback left by the buyer.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

Cancel, reason problem with address. Report buyer. If you receive negative feedback this falls under the easy to get removed category.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Off topic but you should think about buying a few things so that you can get a few feedback so that you don't look quite as 'new'. 🙂

Message 4 of 4
latest reply