How do I set up business policies (shipping, returns, etc)

I used to see business policies so I could create shipping policy's but now it's gone. Where can I find it?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

"when they make navigating this site so difficult."

Actually, it is pretty easy once you understand there is no one eBay. There are twenty of them!

You have eBay.com - used mostly by American sellers but also many Canadians.  If you list on eBay.com, you MUST ship to the USA (and elsewhere if you wish)but the Canada Post shipping options are not available.

You have eBay.ca - used mostly by Canadian sellers.  If you list on eBay.ca you MUST ship to Canada (and elsewhere if you wish) and the Canada Post options are available.

If listing on eBay.ca and shipping outside Canada, you must select shipping service to the USA and another one to international (overseas) destinations.

If you select to exclude specific countries, that can be done in your preferences.  Then it would apply to all your listings, regardless of the site you use.

Personally, I suggest you use eBay.ca exclusively for a few months under you get the system well understood.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Next to shipping details, click on add or remove options.  Does international shipping have a check mark beside it?

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Are you trying to set up shipping discounts for multiple purchases?

If so, go to http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/shipping-discounts.html

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

If I want to ship to the United States how do I set that up?
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I am trying to find the business polices link so I can create policies.
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I can't find business policies. It's usually under Account, but it's missing.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I don't use it so I don't know where to look but if you want, you can set up shipping without using business policies.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Okay. How can I set up shipping to the States only?
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

If you used it before, can you still access it from the ebay sell your item form?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Last week you wanted shipping to Canada only but now you want shipping just to the U.S.?

If you don't want to ship within Canada you have to list on .com.

Or, if I am misunderstanding you and you are saying that you want to change your listing back to ship to the U.S. and Canada then you click on international shipping on the sell your item form...check off the United States and pick a service.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

No. It seems to all have gone missing. I don't know how eBay expects people to sell their stuff when they make navigating this site so difficult. 😞

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

"when they make navigating this site so difficult."

Actually, it is pretty easy once you understand there is no one eBay. There are twenty of them!

You have eBay.com - used mostly by American sellers but also many Canadians.  If you list on eBay.com, you MUST ship to the USA (and elsewhere if you wish)but the Canada Post shipping options are not available.

You have eBay.ca - used mostly by Canadian sellers.  If you list on eBay.ca you MUST ship to Canada (and elsewhere if you wish) and the Canada Post options are available.

If listing on eBay.ca and shipping outside Canada, you must select shipping service to the USA and another one to international (overseas) destinations.

If you select to exclude specific countries, that can be done in your preferences.  Then it would apply to all your listings, regardless of the site you use.

Personally, I suggest you use eBay.ca exclusively for a few months under you get the system well understood.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Next to shipping details, click on add or remove options.  Does international shipping have a check mark beside it?

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Can you look at my listing and see if it appears right to you? I want to ship to Canada and the United States and I want to charge five dollars to ship to Canada and the United States.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

It looks fine. $5 to Canada and $5 to the U.S.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Thank you. I don't think I will ever understand how to sell on eBay. I have spent countless hours reading but it seems to go over my head.
Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Please take a minute and check all your competitors, selling the same book from Canada and the USA.

Check their description then compare to yours.

Then, check your shipping cost very carefully.  While your listing is correctly set-up and the shipping charge ($5) shows correctly to both Canada and USA, can you really ship that book to most places in Canada from Yellowknife for only $5 ?

What is the weight of the book (once packaged) and what are the dimensions (thickness being the most important and relevant measurement)?

Unfortunately, the book is thicker than the maximum 20mm eligible for lettermail within Canada.  Parcel rates will cost at least $10 to $20 to mail that book to major Canadian centres (Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Halifax, etc).

Similar problem with USA.  Too thick to use Light packet. With a weight over 500g, the cheapest method of shipping to USA is Small Packet  (it costs over $10).

You may want to review all aspects of shipping prior to listing an item on eBay.

Good Luck.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

PS - You may want to "revise" your listings before it attracts a bid.

Take a look athttp://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

" get the system well understood"

I am still laughing over that one.

The "system" is a platform that does what you tell it to do, not the other way around. It does what you tell it to do. It sits and waits for instructions.
Photobucket
Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Everyone else, thank you.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply