I am listing on ebay.ca but I can't pick CanadaPost as a shipper for International orders!

Hey there!

I haven't sold on ebay.ca in a few months but I've been selling on that site for years now (I am in Canada). When I went to go make my newest listings, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to choose Calculated as a shipping option for the US/World and then pick CanadaPost options for shipping services. I can only pick FedEx. If I choose Flat calculation, I can pick Canada but I believe that also means eBay take a percentage of the shipping that was paid off of my payout, and it also means I could eat additional costs if I don't pick the correct price point for the flat rate. What am I missng? here is one of my newer ads: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/186025167995

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am listing on ebay.ca but I can't pick CanadaPost as a shipper for International orders!

I figued out what the real problem was, because I chose Imperial measurements and not Metric, it only gave me Fedex as a shipper. As soon as I switched back to metric, all of the Canada Post options for international shipping became available.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Screen Shot 2023-08-14 at 12.54.39 PM.png

@mike_arsenault 

1. Click on  Account settings under your user name 

2. Click on Business Policies under Selling 

3. Create your shiping policy (flat rate or calculated up to you)

Ebay will take 13.25% FVF of item price + shipping + sales tax regardless of whether shipping price is fixed or calculated. With flat rate you know before you make a sale what Ebay's 13.25% cut on shipping is. With calculated shipping you won't know the ebay fee on shipping until the buyer pays and enters their adress. 

You are currently charging $164 CAD to ship to NY in the US with FedEx International economy.  That is wayyy to expensive. You must have entered the box dimentions  and weight wrong. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I figued out what the real problem was, because I chose Imperial measurements and not Metric, it only gave me Fedex as a shipper. As soon as I switched back to metric, all of the Canada Post options for international shipping became available.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Here is how shipping looks now on that item:

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@mike_arsenault 

In order to be covered for an item not received claims for items + shipping over $750 you must have a signature. Delivery confirmation by itself is not enough for an eBay claim.  In order to get a signature outside ofNorth America you would likely need to use a courier so if I were you, I would limit that $1000+ item to ship only to Canada and the US.   For the US you would need to use Canada Post Xpresspost US or a courier that has signature confirmation.  Tracked Packet and Expedited Parcel US do not have a signature option available 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You should have a look at your other listings as well.  If you click on your listing as a buyer would and then go to the shipping/payments tab, you can change your location to see what buyers in other countries see.    Note that on the search page buyers see only the shipping cost that you entered first so it is a good idea to put the least expensive option first.  

One of your options is international parcel surface which is only to purchase available at a post office not on eBay,  so if you really want to offer surface, offer just small packet surface which is less expensive.   Personally I would stay away from an overseas ground/surface option as it is too slow.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply