INR when tracking shows delivered?

Short version, I had an auction of an item of nominal value, two buyers bid it up to the moon, the winner paid (five times what the thing was worth). Shipped. Tracking shows delivered June 30.

On July 6 buyer files INR. eBay won't close it in my favour until July 12. I uploaded the tracking to the case as I've read here that I'm supposed to do.

In the past, when I uploaded tracking (which happened before the delivery scan), when the delivery happened the case closed immediately in my favour. Why can't they close a case for an INR on July 6 on something delivered on June 30?

C.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: INR when tracking shows delivered?

I believe that they started that a while ago to give the buyer a chance to prove that even though tracking shows the item was delivered, they actually didnt receive it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

An outlier possibility-- the Rogers breakdown may make confirming the tracking temporarily impossible.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"give the buyer a chance to prove that even though tracking shows the item was delivered, they actually didnt receive it."

If that is the "now" policy makes tracking as proof of delivery worthless and subject to massive bogus claims.. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I haven't seen that. The buyer usually has to go through a fair bit of work in order to prove that the item wasn't delivered there.  For example, they may need proof from the carrier if the item actually had a different address on it or to show via gps that it was delivered to the wrong address etc. If they are able to show that there was a legitimate problem, eBay generally refunds out of their own funds, not the sellers funds.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply