Liar Buyer Returned Item For No Reason Other Than Lieing To Get Money Back!

I have 100% feedback

Sold item

Seller said it did not work and it was missing parts.

Despite me having a specific return policy. I of course had to pay return shipping ($106) and accept the return

Received item back today. Items works 100% of course. And. Item is not missing any parts. No surprise.

Buyer is a liar. Just changed his mind on the item. Opened a return by being dishonest and now I am stuck with not only paying to ship the item, but paying to return it for no reason other than he lied. Do sellers have absolutely no way to recoup this money or report the buyer or anything?

Because of this I am no longer going to sell on ebay. The buyer had 109 100% feedback as well.

I took pics of all parts accounted for and showing it working

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Im going through the same thing right now.  Buyer bought an alternator, didn't make sure it was the right one.  Then he broke a plastic tab off it for good measure.  Now he is requesting a refund and it seems there is no recourse for sellers to fight these dishonest Jerks.  I had been away from ebay for some time and recently began selling again but now im having serious second thoughts if the seller doesnt matter to them at all.  So frustrated and angry.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yup. I know. I'm done selling on ebay. No seller protection. You can't even put in a public complaint for ppl to see. You can't leave anything but positive feedback for buyers. How rediculous is that? It's a joke.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Fully 100% agree with you guys, the Ebay seller protection is zero and the whole feedback system is lame. You can be held hostage by **bleep**py buyers feedback who think their item took to long to arrive. With the length of time Paypal allows for a buyer to open a claim, I could technically buy a CD, recieve it, burn it to my computer, copy it, then open a claim with paypal saying it is scratched or some bs like that, make have the seller pay the return shipping and get 100% of my money back. The Ebay/Paypal system is designed to be scammed, it is ridiculous and out of touch. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yup. I feel your pain. I'm out $150 shipping because of this scumbag buyer. And I can't find a way to email ebay with pics/summary/details on the issue. This customer service is the worst. No email. No live chat. Nothing. Amazon is much better. I've had zero issues with amazon.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There should be a way to list these buyers and sellers to expose them.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply