Mobile App - List New Item

I started a few drafts today using the mobile app. What's interesting is the new engine that estimates what eBay thinks your item is worth.

In the watches category, I started a listing for some hand assembled watches I made. eBay was suggesting I start them at roughly $6/$7 or BIN at $37. Plus they wanted Best Offer active.

I don't know if these suggestions show on the website. In the mobile app, there is a banner that allows you to "reset" everything to eBays defaults.

The thing I don't get is, lowering item prices will sell faster, but is a very very short term gain.

I knew managers at the local Future Shop (now Best Buy) that would sell high priced items at discounts (losing money) saying they needed the sales. However they lost money on the sale. Never made sense. Its not just sales you need, it's good sales with healthy margins.

Same here on eBay. It's as if eBay is on a sugar fix. Short term gain, long term crash.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I think that whatever they use to suggest prices is flawed plus I'm not sure if they take condition into account. They've given me a few suggested prices in sellers hub and they don't seem to match with items recently sold or currently listed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I also noticed a few bugs with listing in the mobile app. Drafts no longer show for me in mobile. And sometimes the app won't allow cropping of photos.

Plus you can't change catalogue listings. So for example in the old days you had a white iPad, there was always a listing that had yours. This time around, they ask me to describe the item, they give you checkboxes to say what color etc, but then all they have is say, the black one and you can't edit the description.

The catalogue is actually worse than before if that makes sense.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply