New ebay seller, when should I get paid and when to ship?

bar1187_9
Community Member

Heya, so I have just sold my first product on ebay, and I have found out that new sellers will experience payment delays. I set my handling time as 2 days, should I still ship it on schedule or should I wait for payment?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

byto253
Community Member

Handling time is after payment is made.  Never ship without payment.  Unless it is your Mom and you know she is good for it 🙂

If you are doing fixed price or Buy It Now listings, you can require immediate payment.  Then the only time you have to wait for payment is if it is an auction or you accept an offer.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

byto253
Community Member

Handling time is after payment is made.  Never ship without payment.  Unless it is your Mom and you know she is good for it 🙂

If you are doing fixed price or Buy It Now listings, you can require immediate payment.  Then the only time you have to wait for payment is if it is an auction or you accept an offer.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I would also suggest finding some cheapo stuff to by like elactics, qtips, whatever, just to get rid of the goosegg in your feedback.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ah, I get it. So, just to be clear, I accepeted an offer, and I should be getting paid soon before shipping, correct?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Are you in managed payments or not?

MP should send an email when the buyer has paid.

If under the old way, through paypal, you check paypal to see if the buyer has paid.

Once the buyer has paid then you ship.

As a "new" seller there may be a delay before the money is released by ebay/paypal for you to use.

To see if MP has the money - https://www.ebay.ca/sh/fin

-..-

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That is correct.  It is maddening but folks who get accepted offers can be the slowest ones to pay.  You would think the opposite, but it is very common for it to go out 2-4 days before they pay.   

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Paypal also sends an email when payment is made.  I know you know that, but I just wanted to clarify that for the OP so they don't think getting an email when paid is an MP thing only. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

If your eBay order indicates that the buyer has indeed paid, then yes you need to ship wtihin your stated handling time. If your screen looks like mine, where "date buyer paid" has a date in it, it means your buyer did pay and you need to ship even though the payment isn't deposited into your Paypal / Managed Payment account yet.

paid.jpg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply