No estimated delivery time on my order.. what do you do??

So i bought 3 items, from a seller in Quebec, selling on dot.com, with international shipping,  and all 3 of my items say no estimate of delivery available.. 

I assume because he is in Canada and says he is shipping from the USA, back to Canada, it is causing a glitz.. I have bought from this seller before with no issues, But now with the covid, i am at 20 days, and the item hasn't been processed in Ontario,  Left in Transit from Quebec 20 days ago,, How do i open a case, if there is no estimate of date for item to be received..

tyler@ebay

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@esclyons wrote:

So i bought 3 items, from a seller in Quebec, selling on dot.com, with international shipping,  and all 3 of my items say no estimate of delivery available.. 

I assume because he is in Canada and says he is shipping from the USA, back to Canada, it is causing a glitz.. I have bought from this seller before with no issues, But now with the covid, i am at 20 days, and the item hasn't been processed in Ontario,  Left in Transit from Quebec 20 days ago,, How do i open a case, if there is no estimate of date for item to be received..

tyler@ebay

When undefined I believe ebay protection coverage starts after 30 days from time of purchase.  I have had stuff take over 3 weeks from Quebec to Ontario last month (when normal would be a couple of days).

This is one of the glitches a Canadian listing on ebay.com runs into when using a flat rate choice for the shipping.  eBay gives an undefined "varies" for shipping to Canada (and an incorrect same day shipping promise).

Canada selected on ebay.caCanada selected on ebay.ca

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When I was last selling 3-4 years ago after years of selling on another eBay id, a buyer could open an Item Not Received case after 7 days when the shipping estimate was the undefined “varies”. I vaguely recall finding official confirmation in an eBay help file somewhere at the time. I don’t know if it is still the same today.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

And if that goes pear-shaped, your Paypal Buyer Protection started on payment and runs for 180 days.

Odd that a QC seller, shipping to ON, would actually bother to send/take the purchase across the border .

When I sell on dotCOM to Canada, I just use Canada Post as usual. There is no financial benefit to using USPS* for a domestic shipment.

Even a lowest price Canadian letter would cost 92cents to mail by CPO and  $1.50Cdn to ship from the USA.

Unless he is actually dropshipping, possibly from a US warehouse, possibly from overseas --- and in the latter case, go for the INR, those shipments are taking forever.

I have difficulty imagining that he is travelling across the border regularly to package and ship in person.

*nevermind the costs in time and money to get the shipment to the USPS office.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It is still 7 days for domestic transactions and 30 for international.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply