Quebec store sellers, what store fees are you paying?

Are you paying the lower yearly rate on a monthly subscription or are you paying the yearly rate like everyone else? Back then when the changes occured, Ebay did switch my subscription to monthly but the fees also increased to the monthly one. I had to switch back to yearly to have the lower fees.

I was having a discussion with @brettjet38 on a different thread and if that's the case i'd like to know how to get that done or who to contact for that. CS over phone would most likely be a waste of time for very specific issue.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Quebec store sellers, what store fees are you paying?

I did read the conversation in the other thread but want to confirm what you are asking.  You did receive the lower yearly rates when you had a yearly subscription correct?  So is your question whether or not you could change to a yearly subscription, get the yearly ‘cheaper’ rate but still be able to cancel anytime without a penalty?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Basic store fees : monthly subscription = $24.95/month, yearly 19.95/month.

@brettjet38 is saying that we in QC are all being charged $19.95/month even if we don't have a yealy subscription (basically means we're are on a monthly at 19.95 and can cancel subscription anytime we want without incurring any penalties).

In my case i was on yearly at 19.95. After the changes Ebay did switch to monthly subscription but the price also went up to 24.95. I had to switch back to yearly to get 19.95.

So i want to throw it out there and try to see what other QC sellers are paying. I don't think consumer protection include business contracts. I might be wrong.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I could be wrong but I think he was saying that Quebec residents could have a yearly store subscription to pay the smaller fee but that if they wanted  to cancel they would be able to do so without an early termination fees.  I don’t think that a monthly fee is different for Quebec residents but if what he says is true, Quebec residents can subscribe to a yearly store, pay less and cancel anytime.

tyler@ebay   Perhaps you can answer this...can Quebec sellers sign up for a store subscription and not be subject to early termination fees if they cancel before the year is up?

Or, are Quebec store owners different as far as fees go on any way..do they pay less for a monthly subscription?

On the store user terms page from  2013/14 they do say that:

“Quebec residents who initially subscribed for a yearly subscription will automatically renew for an indeterminate period at the then current monthly rate.”

Does that mean that their store  subscription is not yearly like mine would be and hat they can cancel at any time?

thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hi @pjcdn2005 - I'll be honest, I've not encountered this before. I've requested more guidance on what that means and I'll update you as I hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks Tyler.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

To me it sounds like when a Quebec resident signs up for the yearly plan they would be required to RE-SIGN for the yearly plan after the first year (no automatic commitment renewal). "Then current rate" would be the current monthly rate not the current monthly rate with a 1 year commitment.

This sounds very much like a QC consumer regulation and they have a lot of them that are exclusive to Quebec (they are the California of Canada in this regard).

One thing for sure, the rates shown on the Store fee schedule are exactly the same on eBay.ca and cafr.eBay.ca

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay Any news?
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi @thunderclawz - still waiting on an update on this I'm afraid, but I'll update you here when I do hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply