Question about buying my labels through ebay

I have been buying my labels through Canada Post SnapShip but today I purchased a label through eBay which I haven't done in years. Two questions:

1. Does eBay automatically send an email to my buyer saying the item has been shipped? Or do I continue doing so myself?

2. I sent by Small Pkt USA so I then edited the tracking to add my UR number. Was that the correct way to do it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have been using eBay labels for a year or so now and although I don't recall if eBay automatically sends a message to the buyer, I have always sent my buyers a message upon shipment. If using Small packet, yes you do have to edit eBay's fake # to accommodate the UR number. You do realize there is no significant difference between Small Packet and Tracked Packet with the big discount that is being offered for Tracked Packet? I have been using Tracked Packet for many months now because of that discount.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Tracked Packet and Small Packet are now within a dollar of each other. 

With that said, if a seller never loses packages due to the UR code, and does a high enough volume of sales, that 50 cents to 1 dollar might add up to a few hundred or a few thousand dollars per year. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

When you print a labels, enter the tracking number or mark as shipped, ebay does send an email to the buyer that their package has shipped. I still send a quick message thanking them for their purchase and give them a realistic delivery time.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply