Second Scammer this month, getting free items from eBay

This is a second  scammer within less than 30 days that buys items and leaves a negative feedback in order to get item for free. But best of all he will not change his feedback after you will refund him. There are 6 sellers that have reported the guy within 2 weeks time and the guy is  still buying more and more.

How much longer we can take this or how many sellers he will need to scam before he can get suspended. The previous guy got away with 300 negative feedbacks before ebay suspended him.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

He also orders ONLY from international sellers in to USA, that means no tracking number. We are lucky that we ship US orders from USA via first class mail but based in Canada. He was unable to claim item not received because of tracking number, but he is claiming item being defective and tries hard to get his refund and keep the item. I hope eBay will protect sellers because I hate to see 10 more negative feedbacks from this seller on weekly bases.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@ftaelectronics wrote:
He also orders ONLY from international sellers in to USA, that means no tracking number. We are lucky that we ship US orders from USA via first class mail but based in Canada.

?? -- lots of countries have tracking that is good for the USA

Canada Post for example has Tracked Packet USA, Expedited Parcel USA, Xpresspost USA -- all come with tracking. The cost on the other hand can be expensive.

I take it from your comment that you can use cheap (domestic rate), tracked USPS mail for your USA sales.

Sounds like you got some Trump fraud buyers (stealing from non-Americans is patriot's duty).

-..-

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I use untracked shipping for most items because my stuff is mostly cheap and easily replaceable.

And I use Cookie Jar Insurance to cover the occasional loss.

This is just adding a few pennies from my selling price to a virtual Cookie Jar to cover the very occasional dispute.

True or false, my fault or the buyer's, refunds and/or return shipping come out of the Cookie Jar.

Most sellers using this report they actually make a bit of money on this kind of self-insurance, both in built up pennies and by NOT using expensive and unnecessary tracking.
YMMV but most people are honest.

BTW- we can now send USPS return shipping labels through Shippo. I'm not sure if we get the same discount on those that Shippo offers on Canada Post labels.

So if the dispute is Not As Described, we can tell the unhappy buyer to return for a full refund and send a useable label.

You had two recent returns. Is that more or less than 1% of your annual sales?
Most sellers find problems are less than 1% but it does vary by category.

I notice you are dropshipping from the USA, based on your listing location.

Have you considered that the problem may not be your buyers but your supplier?

For example that tripod   #391686168010 looks too bulky to ship to Canada for $3.99USD.

Are they actually coming from China?

Wouldn't it make more sense to charge for a tracked service on a $150 item?

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

he will not change his feedback after you will refund him.

If a Dispute has been opened and you settle it by refunding, you have 'won' the Dispute and the complainant cannot leave feedback.

Customer service should be able to remove it on that basis.

If there is no Dispute, and feedback has been left, it is up to you whether or not you refund. Although it is a Best Practice to refund as graciously as possible.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

You might also consider not selling the items you are getting negs on for quality.

The problem with dropshipping is that you never see how bad the stuff is you are pushing until your customer tells you.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:
... For example that tripod   #391686168010 looks too bulky to ship to Canada for $3.99USD.

Wouldn't it make more sense to charge for a tracked service on a $150 item?

OP is shipping to the USA for free, so his shipping already has a portion of the ship cost  included in the price.

USPS first class parcel (up to 4 pounds) does have tracking for Canada (if the label is bought online).

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

sorry about that . Ebay is usually pretty good when you report a situation to them .

Keep calling eventually you will get someone who understands . The eBay employees are people to .

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Unfortunately it requires an unknowable (ebay won't disclose the number) number of reports from individual sellers before ebay will lift a finger to take action on a buyer. You can literally make death threats and ebay won't do anything unless you escalate it up the chain. How they deal with bad actors that are buyers is literally a joke.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

True enough-- but if the tripod is even 24" long the cheapest rate I found was $37.25 and the maximum acceptable dimensions are Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"

And 24" seems short for a tripod. I didn't see any dimensions or weight in the listing, but I may have missed it.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

It looks like the moderator deleted the user ID of the thief.  I guess they want to protect his identity so he can continue stealing by not letting us put him on our blocked bidder list.

I sent a link to Joe about this guy last week.  Here's Joe talking about this fitchey buyer:

https://youtu.be/5V7Du1EM-UQ?t=1272

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

No idea who Joe is an less idea of his reliability.

He was unable to claim item not received because of tracking number, but he is claiming item being defective and tries hard to get his refund and keep the item.

Did he open a Not As Described dispute?

Did you send return shipping as required?

Did you notice the information about USPS shipping labels from Shippo?

Feedback is not a measurement of a seller's account.

It is used by some buyers to decide which seller's they will buy from .

Only the Resolution Centre is part of measuring accounts.

BUT

The process has rules.

You can send return shipping and refund on delivery.

Or you can refund and let the buyer keep* the product.

You can refuse returns but you cannot refuse refunds.

*Less strange than it sounds. Often a seller will accept a photograph of the unacceptable item as proof- for example, broken china, or an item sent in the wrong colour.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

"No idea who Joe is an less idea of his reliability."

Joe is the guy who made the video I linked to.  Why does he need to be reliable?

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

The moderators deleted the ID of the buyer against whom the allegations have been made because it is against Community rules to name-and-shame. Also, it is against the rules to circumvent the actions of the moderators, refer to content that has been removed, or undertake any other kind of action that undermines the ‘spirit’ of a welcoming forum.
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

This is only page 1 & 2. There are 3 more pages of the same.

Check out the red.

Any green is a revision this buyer made after the seller conceded to this buyer's demands.

This buyer remains in good standing with 100% positive feedback, and untethered with 'buyer protection':

index.jpg

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

This buyer remains in good standing 

Now you know just how high the threshold is before ebay will doing anything about bad actor buyers. They are a profit center for ebay, full stop.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

@mcrlmn wrote:

This buyer remains in good standing 

Now you know just how high the threshold is before ebay will doing anything about bad actor buyers. 

I just got a message from Joe.  While he was talking with ebay concierge, he asked them to look up this fitchy buyer's profile.  The ebay rep was astounded.  Then he assigned the account for review.  I bet by tomorrow at this time, the account will be dead.

For exactly one year, this guy stole 233 items from honest sellers.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Who is Joe?
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Can you ask Joe to respond to this thread directly?
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Watch the video I posted the link to.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply