Shipping lettermail with standard stamp while it's oversized?

Hi there. I'm selling trading cards and trying a lot to figuring out best shipping methods...

I recently bought a 12x cards lot from a high score seller and received it today. Been totally shocked by the packaging, the seller actually shipped 12x cards into 12x sleeves into 1 resealable sleeve plus 1 toploader as protection, in a bigger bubble mailer than i use, with a standard 0.92$ stamp! While when i sell i'm shipping less cards, thiner packaging, and i must use the 1.94$ stamp!  I just bought 25$ of kraft envelopes and was ready to take the risk of unnhappy buyers to be able to ship at lower cost and reduce my prices on some cards... Cause in my mind it was the only viable solution. And then i see that package arriving today with a standard stamp... what a clap in my face

When i shipped my first sale 2 weeks ago, i've been to canada post office, they confirmed me i had to use oversized stamp. My question is  why do i must pay the oversized stamp when i use a bubble mailer while thicker/bigger packages can use standard stamp!?  Can we just use the standard stamp and put it in a post box, and they accept it like that even it's oversized? There's grey zones what are they? They say it's 1.8mm for standard lettermail but that package was cleary close to 2cm I just don't understand

It changes everything if i could ship like that seller... I mean he can package using toploaders and it still cost half my cost. Killed my mind seeing that while i've been trying to find solutions for weeks

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Shipping lettermail with standard stamp while it's oversized?

@rocketscollectibles wrote:
This is exactly the one i bought. In my opinion expensive for just a piece of plastic with 2 holes tho, i think its overpriced but i did not found any better option
  1. Piece of scrap plastic or even cardboard
  2. Ruler
  3. Box cutter
  4. Pencil/Sharpie
  5. 2 minutes

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply