Shippo No longer offering CP Small Business Discount

I've reached out to Shippo but have yet to hear back so i wondered if anyone else has encountered this.

On my last two sales I went to print my label on shippo as I've done for 2 years now except I got a warning that eBay sales were no longer eligible for Canada Post Discount and the rate was in fact much higher than expecetd indicating there was no discount. For this last order i went ahead and printed via eBay and got their promotional rate but of course i don't get credit with CP for it to increase my permanent discount when eBay promotion ends. So has anyone else noticed this? Is it possible with the introduction of eBay labels they were able to influence shippo's rate to deter users from using it? I'd happily use eBay labels but it doesn't link to my CP Small Business Account so after promo i won't get as good a discount. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Shippo No longer offering CP Small Business Discount

This can be closed Shippo has replied and it was a Shippo issue. Apparently they added a global CP account to users so i had two accounts active, one didn't allow the discounts but my personal one did. I'll let them explain:

"The error you received, 'eBay orders are not eligible for Shippo's Canada Post account', happened because of the fact that you currently have two Canada Post accounts active in your Shippo account right now, but they can only be used for certain orders. I'll explain more now.

So, the reason you received this error is simply because you were trying to buy a label from Shippo's Canada Post account, rather than your own Canada Post account, but that is not allowed, since eBay orders must be fulfilled using your own, personal Canada Post account, not Shippo's.

If you would like to deactivate Shippo's Canada Post account so that you do not see their rates and there is no confusion, you can simply turn it off in your Carriers Page by flipping the switch on the right. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply