Shippo labels giving an error at the last step ARE CHARGED REGARDLESS

For the past 2 years I have had quite a few labels that gave me an error at the very last step instead of the print label button we usually get.

I have contacted Shippo a few times about these and was always told not to worry - I wouldn't be charged for these and to simply remake a new one.

Well, a few days ago, it happened again. This time, I checked on my credit card a few days later. Sure enough, I had been charged. No doubt about it. And not a temporary charge.

I told Shippo about this and provided screenshots that leaves no doubt I had been charged on my credit card for the failed label and they told me what they meant was that I wouldn't be charged their 7 cents fees for the label. Hahaha sureee! They were obviously caught in a lie and that's the best excuse they could come up with. Like I care about that 7 cents fee. It was obvious I was asking about my 39.45$ shipping label when I had contacted them earlier prior to checking my credit card.

They told me they couldn't do anything and that I would have to contact Canada Post myself.
Had to waste like 1 hours trying to get this label cancelled and I'm not even sure if it's going to work.

So.... anyone else had similar experience with Shippo?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have had a couple of instances where I have cancelled a label. I always check to make sure I get my refund & I have always gotten it on the next invoice.

Really not the same situation but I have not experienced any last minute errors. I do always double check my invoices though just in case.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I haven’t ever been charged for a Shippo label that I didn’t use but then I think that the last time I got an error on a label was shortly after ebay switched to Shippo.   I have heard that it takes a while for the credit to appear although  I think that it is a Canada Post issue as it took a long time through PP too.  It’s odd that they would tell you to contact Canada Post as I  don’t think they do that if you are paying Shippo through PP.

Is your Shippo set up through eBay? If so,  there shouldn’t be any transaction fee per label.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Did you cancel the failed label or was there no option to do so?

Also, you have to deal with Shippo staff who know about their eBay.ca deal for shipping.

Much of their business is a fee per label and the customer has a pass through charge by the shipping company -- which is not how the eBay Shippo deal works for Canada Post.

I have had no problems getting my money credited back for future use, when there have been issues ( 2-3 weeks). Have never had a failed label be charged (mine have all been accidental purchases of the wrong service, cancelled for a refund).

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You can cancel an unused label for a refund on the form of shippo credits for future use.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply