Small Packet - Air No longer have a "tracking" number

I just printed a Small Packet - Air from PayPal for a USA shipment... they changed it, and NOT in a good way! There is no longer a number on the invoice. The new format is like Tracked Packet (TOO SMALL!!). There is a bar code, but a message that says "No Delivery Scan" under it. The shipping price appears (THAT is a good thing for me!).

So those of us who were using the numbers of Small Packets and Light Packets to meet the "tracking" requirement for eBay.com won't be able to meet it anymore. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I've just print one.

I don't like it either.  Yes you are right, we couldn't use it to fulfill uploaded tracking number requirement anymore.

Perhaps, I will start using discounted stamp for my light packet.

Anyone knows where can I get cn22 custom declaration form?

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

**bleep**..lost that loop hole....

that method was never truly trackable ya know

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

one more thing...I'm over 18..why the censorship of words?

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

alamin*
Community Member

Wait a minute...

I pay attention closely to mine. There is such number like tracking under the barcode. It is written UR 000967893 CA.

Perhaps we can use it ?Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Nice, I just cancelled two international small packet shipping labels thinking something was wrong...

Why on earth is is this small???  I dont like it either 😞

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Small Packet never had tracking. The number is simply a transaction or receipt number.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@asiahhijab wrote:

Anyone knows where can I get cn22 custom declaration form?

You can get some at your local post office or postal outlet. My regular postal outlet gave a pile to me not long ago.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@zoomrr69 wrote:

that method was never truly trackable ya know

Why do you think I put "tracking" in quotation marks? Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

@alamin* wrote:

Wait a minute...

I pay attention closely to mine. There is such number like tracking under the barcode. It is written UR 000967893 CA.

I just tried entering that number on Canada Post website, and I got a pop-up message saying that this item is not trackable. In the past, at least is showed a label was purchased. There is not even that anymore....

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

@alamin* wrote:

Wait a minute...

I just tried entering that number on Canada Post website, and I got a pop-up message saying that this item is not trackable. In the past, at least is showed a label was purchased. There is not even that anymore....

alamin, did you try entering that number on ebay as a 'tracking' number for the item?

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

alamin, did you try entering that number on ebay as a 'tracking' number for the item?

I am not alamin, but I just tried mine and the system accepted it.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Is there a Canada Post site where we can print off Light Pkt or Small Pkt labels instead of using PayPal? Just wondered if the printed label from CP would fit into the labelope if printed from there. And possibly would be larger size too.

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

You can print from Canada post website directly through EST, but light packet is not available there.

Only small packet and more expensive services are available through EST.

Btw, I printed couple of light packets today through paypal, there is no change for the label.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

So where do you get your hydro, paper, tape, and printer ink? Is eBay giving them out free again? Cat Tongue

I have been thinking about using the paypal check out to up my status on eBay.com, with paypal's bogus tracking numbers on small packet, but it looks like I'll need a new printer first.

Rather defeats the purpose if I have to spend more to sell more.

Nice to see the tracking number tab at the top of the sold page. It actually worked.Cat Surprised

Hopefully it stays working, really a pain in the neck signing into paypal to add tracking numbers from the post office.

Another beef is that I offer and highly recommend tracking packet from Canada Post but my buyers don't use that service. Why should I be punished because my US customers don't want an over priced  tracking number?

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

Canada Post's annoucement for this Small Packet PayPal shipping label change is:

"Internal-use barcodes added to Small Packet™ services 
Beginning June 17, 2013, Small Packet – USA Air and Small Packet – International Air will contain barcodes. These are for Canada Post internal use only and do not provide tracking capability."

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@antique.collector wrote:

Canada Post's annoucement for this Small Packet PayPal shipping label change is:

"Internal-use barcodes added to Small Packet™ services 
Beginning June 17, 2013, Small Packet – USA Air and Small Packet – International Air will contain barcodes. These are for Canada Post internal use only and do not provide tracking capability."

That is good to know, thanks!! But it should have been on PayPal's website or even here on eBay. 😞

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Since Small Packet never was trackable, the bar code which is not trackable either is still useful. The new barcode may discourage some sketchey buyers from attempting a INR dispute.

The big problem is the loss of the insurance on these services. However, if we add a few pennies, maybe a dime in high-fraud categories, to our Shipping and Handling price, we can cover the very rare loss or damage. I base this on over 25 years of mail orders selling, everything from wood stoves to postage stamps. Loss rates are vanishingly small.

(Damage is usually due to poor packaging on the part of the seller.)

About the size of the label, has anyone tried fiddling with the Format and Font buttons on the computer? When I was using labels, rather than discounted postage, I reduced the size of the label to fit my paperbacks. Anyone?

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Format and Font buttons? Where do I find those, femme? I'd love to be able to enlarge the PayPal labels.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Tracked Packet is thee only service to have a tracking code. $17CAD under 2lbs
Message 20 of 31
latest reply