Small Packet - Air No longer have a "tracking" number

I just printed a Small Packet - Air from PayPal for a USA shipment... they changed it, and NOT in a good way! There is no longer a number on the invoice. The new format is like Tracked Packet (TOO SMALL!!). There is a bar code, but a message that says "No Delivery Scan" under it. The shipping price appears (THAT is a good thing for me!).

So those of us who were using the numbers of Small Packets and Light Packets to meet the "tracking" requirement for eBay.com won't be able to meet it anymore. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Anything can be lost in the mail, no matter how well it is shipped. Make sure to fill out the section for insurance. I've had it help refund money for lost items. Canada Post is a great service and protects the shipper 😃
Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Zombie thread from three years ago?

Photobucket
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

any CP outlet, but the forms are large, an absolute pain and a lot of useless information needs to be filled out.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@a.price778 wrote:
Tracked Packet is thee only service to have a tracking code. $17CAD under 2lbs

NECROTHREAD Alert

Replying to a thread where the last message was over 3 years old is a bit useless.

Start a new thread if you feel the issue needs more discussion.

-..-

Expedited parcel also has tracking, and for some parts of the USA is cheaper than Tracked Packet when bought through PayPal.

USA - Lettermail / Light Packet / Small Packet / Tracked Packet (Jan/2016)

101-200g ..  5.15 Lettermail (stamps)
000-200g ..  5.70 Light Packet
201-300g ..  8.23 Light Packet

000-250g ..  8.36 Small Packet (Air)

201-500g .. 10.30 Lettermail (stamps)

251-500g .. 11.07 Small Packet (Air)
301-500g .. 11.75 Light Packet
251-500g .. 15.75 Tracked Packet

501g-1kg .. 16.65 Small Packet (Air)
501g-1kg .. 18.19 Tracked Packet

-..-

The Small Packet barcode can be used to get an originate scan at the post office/outlet when you drop it off. This is sometimes useful to reassure buyers that their purchase has been mailed.

-..-

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

How does one even find a three year old zombie thread?

Photobucket
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

In the summary section for the Seller Central forum you could, for example, go to the oldest page and find the 2012 Fall Seller Update thread, plus a few more threads dating back to 2004. Smiley LOL

-..-

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

A member with an issue may go to the main eBay community page and fill out the "Ask a Question to other eBay Members" box and old topics may be shown.

For example, if I entered "Tracked Packet" on the question box on this main eBay.ca community page,

http://community.ebay.ca/

I get five forum topics returned without dates so no idea when they were posted and replied to in the search results there. If I click on the more on this topic link to each of the five topics, the start dates of the five topics are

2016-05-27, 2015-04-24, 2015-01-15, 2013-08-22, 2015-10-03

Please note only topics marked by the poster as answered seem to be given in the search. So few topics are marked as answered in the forums that there is little to find in search. The forum "Ask a Question to other eBay Members" is a terrible search giving "answers" to question with year plus old data which in the eBay, Canada Post and PayPal world is unreliable since the information is old. Nothing older than a year should be returned and the "answers" should be prefaced with a warning that the information may be out of date.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Expedited parcel also has tracking, and for some parts of the USA is cheaper than Tracked Packet when bought through PayPal.

Since those asking about rates seem mostly to be newbies , it is probably worth noting that with a VentureOne/Small Business Options card, one can get a 5% discount at the PO counter for some of these services.

By buying a shipping label through Paypal , one can get discounts off PO counter prices of 5% to 17% for some of these services.

And buying mint postage lots on eBay or from local stamp dealers often gives even better discounts.

Plus the taste thrill of stamp gum--- mmmmmmm stamp gum.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

"And buying mint postage lots on eBay or from local stamp dealers often gives even better discounts.

Plus the taste thrill of stamp gum--- mmmmmmm stamp gum."

You are absolutely correct. Many eBay sellers use postage stamps available below face value. It is available in small and large lots on eBay and from most stamp dealers and auctioneers.  Yes it is a bit more work but... if saving money is important... why not?

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Unless you have a fairly high volume when using the CP small business program, the rates are cheaper on PayPal. I've had the venture one card for years but the only time that it has been useful is for ordering CP poly bags online. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 31 of 31
latest reply