Strange Return, Buyer stopped communicating, eBay closed case

So I have this buyer that had an issue with a phone, decided to return it. I provided a link to a label via Canada Post as I have a return policy.

I get zero communication from buyer, then all of a sudden, they open a case on eBay. I upload a new label as they have now opened a case, and even though there is an option to say I gave a label, I didn't want to be stung as currently Canada Post is having issues and I am unable to see my return labels. So I create one, upload it.

Several days goes by, no communication or nothing. I call eBay and they close the case.

Now suddenly I get a panicked email from the customer saying they are concerned about the money as they sent the item back.

I'll probably refund them however in my reply I am going to stress they ended in all communication and so I have to contact eBay to determine best course of action.

I dislike it when customers stop communicating then suddenly start communicating in a panicked when something goes wrong. 

Suggestions/Ideas?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mcrlmn
Community Member

IMO, If the phone shows up, refund for the phone only.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'd return the entire original payment, but not the return shipping.

And as you say, that's IF the flake buyer actually manages to return anything.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What was the issue the buyer claimed he was having with the phone?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Tell your customer they will receive the refund once you receive the returned phone.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply