Switching Storefront to another user ID

Can a premium or basic storefront be switched from one user ID to another if both those IDs are owned by the same person?

I ask because it would help me decide what store name to go with. I want to phase out an old name I've used in different media for years and adopt a new one.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@needsmorerobots 

Here are the specifics on changing a name. From my experience with this process, once in the past you can change names without losing your history but there is no way to combine. If you change your mind there is a time you must wait to change again.

We'll be happy to help you change your username. Please keep the following in mind.

Advantages: You can change to a username that is related to what you buy or sell.

Disadvantages: Your trading partners may not be able to find you as easily.

You can only change your username once every 30 days. To change your username, enter a new username below and click Save.

Changing an account name is in the Account settings(Hi ...) at top left of your home page. Changing store name is under manage store. Hope that gets you started.

-Lotz

PS. It does not appear to show a users name history anywhere...That I can tell. It was handy info to have available in the past.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@needsmorerobots 

Here are the specifics on changing a name. From my experience with this process, once in the past you can change names without losing your history but there is no way to combine. If you change your mind there is a time you must wait to change again.

We'll be happy to help you change your username. Please keep the following in mind.

Advantages: You can change to a username that is related to what you buy or sell.

Disadvantages: Your trading partners may not be able to find you as easily.

You can only change your username once every 30 days. To change your username, enter a new username below and click Save.

Changing an account name is in the Account settings(Hi ...) at top left of your home page. Changing store name is under manage store. Hope that gets you started.

-Lotz

PS. It does not appear to show a users name history anywhere...That I can tell. It was handy info to have available in the past.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@needsmorerobots wrote:

Can a premium or basic storefront be switched from one user ID to another if both those IDs are owned by the same person?

I ask because it would help me decide what store name to go with. I want to phase out an old name I've used in different media for years and adopt a new one.

Thank you.

I don't think that a store can be transferred from one ID to another ID but I'm just guessing. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you Lotz, you answered my question perfectly!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply