Unable to select Lettermail shipping option?

It started yesterday. When listing an item I no longer have the ability to select Lettermail, only parcel. Anyone know what I can do?
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I finally figured it out. It is now automatically selecting 'charge actual cost' instead of 'fixed cost'. If I change it to 'fixed cost', I can now select Lettermail. I think what happened is that I had never purchased labels through eBay until the past week when that new light collectible option, which is a great option, came out. Perhaps selecting the purchase label option and following through triggers a change to the way a new listing populates. I suppose I will have an extra step in my future listings, but very relieved to have it solved. Thank you kindly for your assistance.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you trying to use it for Canadian order or US Order (or both)? If it's US it's possible that eBay is blocking it because Lettermail (actually LetterPost) is technically not allowed for "goods".

In any event, you should just use one of the generic choices (economy, standard or expedited)

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

FYI - I just clicked on one of your blu-rays and the "sell it yourself" link, when I went to the shipping section where you had Expedited Parcel (it was the 3 disc Avatar), I clicked on Add Service and was able to find Canada Post Lettermail in the "economy" section.

For the US you had Standard International Flat Rate but when I clicked on Add Service I was able to select Canada Post USA LetterPost.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Most 95% of my listings are canada only. Almost all are Lettermail option. Until yesterday, I never had this problem. Maybe I should try desktop?
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Usually, I go to domestic shipping, select 'I don't know dimensions ', select the Lettermail option and select free shipping. I don't have the option for Lettermail as of last night. In the app I am unable to add shipping services. On desktop I believe I still can. This is a very frustrating development.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I checked in a draft and both lettermail and letterpost are there. If you select that you don't know dimensions (did not know about this option), they maybe removed the shipping options because size is not respected. Lettermail and letterpost has max sizes. Just use 'standard shipping'. This is what i do anyway personally to avoid being targeted by premedited false INR claims. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I didn't realize you were using the App, it would not surprise me if the App is designed to "force" users to choose a tracked service (for YOUR protection).

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I finally figured it out. It is now automatically selecting 'charge actual cost' instead of 'fixed cost'. If I change it to 'fixed cost', I can now select Lettermail. I think what happened is that I had never purchased labels through eBay until the past week when that new light collectible option, which is a great option, came out. Perhaps selecting the purchase label option and following through triggers a change to the way a new listing populates. I suppose I will have an extra step in my future listings, but very relieved to have it solved. Thank you kindly for your assistance.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Solved it. Thanks very much for the help.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply