Forum Posts

Extending time away beyond 30 days is easy.

I've had occaision to have to temporarily close my store and was able to re-open today. As a test, it has been postulated before but I wanted to confirm, what happens if one needs to have a time away longer than the 30 day limit. Today I ended time a...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 4 helpful

Help! Shipping options to the USA Not Working/Not showing up

Hey, I'm really hoping an experienced seller can help me out here. I have contacted Ebay 3 TIMES and not once have they been a lick of help! I'm losing patience and contemplating switching to a different online marketplace. -I only am shipping to Can...

Ebay stole money from my Bank Account

In September I posted my auctions as I normally do on the last day of the month to take advantage of the 100,000K free listings. About 7 days later I see check my bank account to see ebay took out close to $4000 in sellers insertion fees. This has ne...

ebay 22.JPG ebay23.JPG

cancellations / refund requests within minutes of purchase, with no explanation/message/apology?

I have been noticing the last several months an emergent trend: people buying items, usually new customers, then within five minutes requesting cancellation of the purchase and a refund - no message, explanation or oops, sorry, this or that was the r...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Re: Leaving feedback about a buyer

I'm not quite understanding the idea of leaving feedback about a buyer right after the item has been mailed but before it could have been recived. Not too much I could say other than the funds went through. Something I'm missing about this proceedure...

Canadian SIN number now being demanded by managed payments team? is this no longer optional?

Hi, Hopefully I can get some help / traction here. I was forced to sign up on the first of Jan 1 2021 to the MP program, via a very threatening time sensitive email. It did not disclose any additional personal information being required of me, so ext...

Managed Payments $US account - which bank?

For those sellers who have decided to get their payouts in $US, which bank are you using and have you already set it up with MP? There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices for $US chequing accounts and they all seem to have some sort of fee.

• 27 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay Managed Payment amounts to 27% in Fees!

I recently sold an item on Ebay Canada, the item itself listed for $274.95 Cnd + Mailing $58.75 Cdn. for a total of $333.70 Cdn.$282.96 Cdn was deposited in my bank account + $39.25 Cdn will be withdrawn for mailing from my bank account.$333.70 - $28...

Resolved! Need some advice before I respond to buyer.

I sold a CD, buyer recieved it, posted positive feedback and today I got a message that he noticed that one of the spines had faded and instead of red it was a pink and that he wanted to know if I had another one that he could swap out. I don't. Norm...

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Resolved! Free Listings

This past winter I was given 100,00 free promo listings monthly only to be cut down to 250 this spring. Ebay representatives say 250 is the max amount without any promos from here forth, I feel that I am being forced to pay for a store subscription f...

So Many Listings with No Views

As I was relisting some items tonight, I noticed that about 50 to 60% of my items had 0 views in the last 30 days. I find this shocking. These are popular brands that usually receive a lot of views in any given month .... of course, only a few result...

• 51 replies
  • 3 helpful

First Negative feedback in 18 years over shipping cost

I sold an iPhone 12 mini case, brand new. This case still retails for $79 (before tax) from Apple. The buyer paid a total of $55.72 ($19.32 includes for shipping). The shipping cost was listed in the listing, so they knew what it cost going in. Also,...

Shipment from US to Canada

I would like to ship an insecticide from the US to Canada. From what i read on reddit forums, some Canadian users were able to receive it from ebay sellers in the US. What should i put on customs form so that it can be received in Canada?

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadian Seller tax questions

Can someone with experience filing taxes with the CRA answer a few questions for me? I know that Ebay fees are part of expenses when doing the profit and loss statement to get net profit. Are Paypal fees a part of expenses as well? What other things ...

Resolved! Does anyone know where to purchase "oversize" envelopes relatively cheap?

So I ship a lot of my order with oversize envelopes w/ stamps.The envelopes I use are around 6" x 10" and 7.5" x 11". These envelopes costs me roughly 40-50 cents a piece.This is eating a significant percentage on my profits on some sales for the env...

Resolved! eBay is deducting seller fees on US tax from Canadian seller???

Worthless to coment! Here is the dip in my pocket and I live and sell from Canada! "Fees based onC $318.75 Item priceC $300.00 Sales taxC $18.75 Fees based on C $318.75 Final Value Fee -C $35.43Variable percentage • Pottery & Glass categoryRate for C...

• 25 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Mail returned to sender because of "insufficient postage" - Can I simply add the missing postage?

Hey guys, From time to time I'll get some order shipped with stamps returned to me because I made a mistake and didn't put enough stamps (sometimes it's a Canada Post error too). When it happens, can I simply add the missing postage (stamps) on the e...

Anyone shipped to Malaysia recently?

I am a bit surprised that I just got a sale to Malaysia and I have never shipped there before. It's a $20 book so pretty low value... Anyone recently sent anything there with letter post ($11) or small packet air ($13.50)?I'm not considering Chit Cha...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

RESEARCHING COMPEITIVE PRICES ON SAME GOODS

STARTED TO USE THE RESEARCH TOOL THIS WEEK TO SEE IF I WAS OVER PRICING MY ITEMS SINCE SALES WHERE SO SLOW EACH TIME I USE THE RESEARCH FOR PRICE COMPARE- BUTTON IT ONLY SHOWS ME MY OWN LISTINGS I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG ANY HELP ?????THANKS

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Crazy selling prices... what is the point??

Can someone explain to me what certain sellers gain from setting ridiculous, and I mean ridiculous, prices for ordinary items? Such as a $10 calculator listed for $3,000, a barely vintage Sears eletric typewriter for $25,000? Another seller listed a ...

• 7 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Payouts since Rogers outage

Hey everyone! I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or had this happen to them, but since the Rogers outage has happened in Canada, I have not recieved any of my payouts. eBay shows them as sent, but with no Bank reference ID on the far right ...

Resolved! Has anyone else had this Paypal message?

My husband has a Paypal account, maybe used 3 times in the last few years when someone sent him money for something. He just got a message saying "We has $3 for you", we are not sure it is genuine and don't intent to claim it, but still wondering if ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Experience regarding electronically providing VAT numbers

Today I received an unclaimed item RTS that was sent to Germany. I suspect it was unclaimed because it was going to incur the VAT taxes for a second time. Keeping in mind that I'm a stamps on the parcel kind of guy, I have to use the online customs f...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels