Wanting to sell item outside of previously specified shipping destinations

nobr_7614
Community Member

Hello! 

I had listed an item a few months ago and had received an offer for it just the other day. I was happy to have a buyer but I am now realizing that the buyer is in Australia and I, in Canada, had only specified the USA and Canada as shipping destinations. I have no qualms shipping to Australia, this was just a lack of foresight on my end. Is there a way to remedy this without cancelling the sale? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You should be able to add shipping for Australia on the invoice but have you figured out yet what that will cost?  If it is for the space marine replica you will need to send it with a method that allows for a signature because it is more than $750C or $850C.   You would have to research which services come with a signature... not all international services do.  With a length of 48” the size alone could make it quite expensive to ship.   Keep in mind too if the buyer claims that it us not as described, you will have to pay for return shipping.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

And your Australian customer will be charged Aussie sales taxes and possibly duty on his purchase.

You don't have to know what that cost will be, but when you send him the shipping cost, politely mention that he will be paying those costs on arrival before he can claim his purchase.

If he balks, offer politely to cancel the transaction.

He may not be aware of how much imported goods cost over the basic price.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Politely-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply