Forum Posts

Resolved! How do I go about this refund?

I had a buyer send a message that she had rejected the package on the item she had purchased. She said"Im so sorry even though u have patterns in caps I didn't realize it was something completely different then what I thought I was buying untel after...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Global Shipping Program from Canada

I have a 'possible buyer' in Thailand. He really wants an item I've listed. He 'suggested' I use the global shipping plan--BUT, I have clearly stated I will not ship overseas because of the costs and previous lost/damaged items. I have no knowledge o...

US Out of State Sales Tax

The US Federal Government has just passed a regulation that relates to internet sales in the US. Internet sellers ... specifically those without a B & M store.....must charge a sales tax..... A destination state tax. If a Seller in a state sells to s...

• 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

GTC Relist Dates for April

Made a quick chart of renewal dates for GTC (when they will or wont incur double renewals). It is based on a 30-day auto-renewing GTC for a term of 16 months. For the month of April posting in the first three days will incur a double relist from 1-5 ...

GTCRenewal-Dates-April.jpg

Buyer in Canada not able to purchase my Canadian listing "seller won't ship to your country msg"

So I just had a Canadian Ebay (according to the location given in their message) say they want to purchase a listing I have on Ebay but they get the message "seller will not ship to your primary address" which I found odd as I am in Canada as well. t...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Packet was sent by Canada Post SURFACE instead of AIRMAIL

Hello everybody, I recently sold few drawings to buyer from Denmark who was buying drawings from me frequently a couple of years ago. Then deliveries to his country were amazing - could be just 4 days! Already for 2 weeks he did not receive my latest...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

My listing can't be found

I just recently created an eBay Account, because I just moved to Canada and want to sell something. However right after I created my Account it got suspended, but after I called eBay my Account got recovered. After the recovery, I created a listing, ...

Resolved! Is There a Command Which Ends Listings in Bulk?

I'd like to end a large number of listings but can't locate a command to do this in bulk. The only command I've found to end listings requires ending them one at a time and that would be a long tedious process.

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do I get seller discounts ?

eBay sent me an offer of next 5 items listed would cost just 1 dollar each to list and sell. But i missed some of the specifics of the offer and my items did not qualify for any discounts. I asked eBay to resend the offer after I learned how to use i...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Do PayPal charge taxes on their fees?

Hey guys! I'm currently doing my taxes and was wondering if there are some taxes included in PayPal fees. The extraction I'm using from PayPal has a "Fee" column but that's it. Nothing about if there are any taxes included in this amount. Thanks!

Need some advice again

I had a buyer who purchased one item in US dollars & one in Canadian dollars on April 5th. They paid for the US one before I could send an invoice. So I invoiced for the Canadian item with free shipping & a note saying I would ship it with the other ...

Ebay protection for Sellers

Early last March I sold an expensive $250 GI Joe Motorcycle with Sidecar and Soldier to a person in my country. Because it was a delicate item I very carefully packed it in a sturdy box using carefully shaped Styrofoam for support so nothing would mo...

• 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

Doesn't this seller know he is losing money?

I was doing some CD research and I came across a Canadian seller that is losing money on each CD he sells. Priced at $3.43 with free shipping. The shipping alone in Canada is $3.28. I calculated the fees and he/she is losing $.53 cents on each CD, th...

free shipping.jpg fees.jpg

Store Name?

I'm thinking of opening a basic store and was wondering about using a different Store Name than my Ebay User ID? Can you do that and does it matter either way in your experiences? Thanks!

Resolved! Is this old ?

Is this old ? Looks like its hand made , there are no hallmarks or signatures so I figure its not worth much

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Looking for your input! Topics for 'Buyer FAQ'

Howdy everyone - I'm looking to create a 'Buyer FAQ' page that would have topics we could use to help folks quickly get the answers to their questions. To that end, I'm wondering what kind of things you see frequently from buyers here on the boards. ...

• 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

GTC update: check announcement board

Hi everyone - You may have seen the announcement already, but wanted to get it posted here just in case you haven't: The Good 'Til Cancelled (GTC) change has been moved back from April to early July 2019. No, this isn't a trick. Thanks!

• 14 replies
  • 6 helpful

Resolved! Disactivating shippo and using ebays own label making system

Hi i was wondering if i am able to disactivate shippo and use ebays own system to make labels. Ive seen videos of of people in ebay USA using ebays own ship label making system. I was wondering if we can use this too in ebay canada or can we only use...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

My listing is not showing up in searches.

I posted a listing for a Pokemon card 24 hours ago, it said that it was posted successfully. However, it still will not show up whenever I search it. I have tried searching on multiple devices, too. Please help, because I wanted to get this card sold...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback - have you ever wondered?

About 50% of my buyers leave feedback. 50% don't leave feedback, I even counted: it was 35 US buyers, 22 Canadian buyers, 4 UK, 2 Australia, 1 Japan and 1 Denmark. Sometimes I check those that did not leave feedback to see whether they leave feedback...

Resolved! How can I find an archived order?

I had a sale earlier today and when I went to click on view record, I clicked on archive by mistake. I immediately went to Archive in the orders menu but there is nothing there. I can access the info through the listing itself but I would like to put...

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels