What is the new payment standard on Ebay? Paypal? Ebay Payment?

Hi! 

I haven't sold on ebay for a few years and I just received a payment (from a 0 feedback new user) from ebay. 

And the buyer paid trough ebay payment but I don't have anything setup for that. So I put my Checking Account number, Financial institution and Transit number and now I have to wait for a small deposit etc... 

I'm not super happy that ebay has access to my checking account... Are they trustable as much as Paypal?

Is it a must to add ebay payment nowaday? Or can we just stick to Paypal? Is Ebay Payment the new norm on ebay?  

Thank you!

account.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I haven't actually heard of it referred to as Ebay Payment, I know of it as "Managed Payments" which is what eBay called it when they first talked about/introduced that they were going to be taking over/"managing" payments instead of Paypal. Ayden is the processor they use to do this. At one point eBay and Paypal were part of the same company (one a subsidiary of the other, though I can't remember which came first!) but since they are no longer connected/joined as one, eBay is now using Ayden. And eBay is "managing" this process.

(Not sure if I've described this correctly but hope it gives you the idea!)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Paypal is no longer the payment processor here on eBay. They now have what they refer to as Managed Payments and the processor is Ayden. Buyers can still use Paypal to pay but as a seller you have to go through Ayden. This is the new "norm" as you say. I was nervous/skeptical at first (as I usually am about change!) and wasn't crazy about having everything go through my personal bank account but I have been set up for over a year now with no problems whatsoever. Yes they are trustworthy. You will always be notified when a payout/payment is coming. If you have already set up all your banking information that's great.  Some people prefer to set up a new bank account for this purpose only but I am using my regular account and it's easy to see the transactions there. Make sure you chose your payout frequency, either daily or weekly.

Also be aware for the first litte while there will be a delay/hold (the same way Paypal did way back when you would have first joined) on the payouts being released but once it's been going a while it's smooth sailing.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sellers must have a Chequing account in a Canadian bank that Managed Payments can transfer funds to.

Be cautious of that micro-deposit. Usually it will work, but if the USD is being sensitive, currency exchange may mess it up.

You can also use other identification. I used my passport, DH used his driving license.

EBay will accept your SIN but they are not allowed to demand it and you are allowed to refuse it.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your well informed reply! 

Just to make sure, Is Ayden and Ebay payment the same thing ?  Ayden is simply a system that Ebay use for their payment, right?  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your reply, 

This is interesting, how or where do we go exactly to provide ebay with our passport or driver license etc ? 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi, I haven't actually heard of it referred to as Ebay Payment, I know of it as "Managed Payments" which is what eBay called it when they first talked about/introduced that they were going to be taking over/"managing" payments instead of Paypal. Ayden is the processor they use to do this. At one point eBay and Paypal were part of the same company (one a subsidiary of the other, though I can't remember which came first!) but since they are no longer connected/joined as one, eBay is now using Ayden. And eBay is "managing" this process.

(Not sure if I've described this correctly but hope it gives you the idea!)

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You explained it very well ! Thank you !

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

how or where do we go exactly to provide ebay with our passport or driver license etc ?

You are attaching a jpeg of the document to the request.

For my passport, I scanned the pages with my photo and information. Not the whole thing.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply