Where has the search bar gone in our stores..???

I have gone into my store a few times, and the search bar is gone..  This is a pain, for buyers I am sure as they will have to weed through many items, But it is even a bigger pain for me when I want to sell a similar item, I have to take so much time to find it.. COME EBAY what the heck.. leave things alone..   can someone alert this to the proper people.. this can't be a forever thing..

Ebay can't seriously think that a buyer of coins will weed through 800 ++  listings  to find a specific date, when there is no option to search within a store..

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I THINK WE ALL DESERVE A PARTIAL REFUND OR DISCOUNT ON OUR STORE FEES,  or is it just me, once I am in my store if  I click an item, and scroll down,  it then shows me a search within the store bar, but when you type anything into it, it brings you back to the front of the store,. what the heck,, this is no help to me at all, or to my buyers..  Why are our store being Guiney pigs, to eBay's changes..   I am so tired of things not being thought out and tested before being implemented on us...  When is enough, enough..  seriously..

happy_pigeon

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The first search in a store should be the Main Category.

Then subcategory level 1 and ......then Subcategory level 2.... if available

Usually this is all that is needed.... if the focus is the seller with the store....

--------------------------------------------

If you want to do a search in the complete store... then go to the top of the page....  use... Search this store option.

This search will be reported using eBay categories...not... store categories.

and  if the potential buyer wants to make comparisons among sellers....  then they can click on

Show results from all sellers.....  at the top right of the page................  A potential buyer's choice

---------------------------------------------

If the store categories  have been done in a logical manner.... with listings easily viewed using store categories  then using store categories  as the search option will provide a good search result.

Then a potential buyer has the next option....by adding in the Show Result from all sellers.

Go to the store  and play around  to see if  the main and subcategories will give a potential buyer the answer.

Then add results from all sellers.... eBay wants the buyer to make comparisons among sellers and get the best deal.....

-------------------------------

This situation was discussed last week when this new store format appeared on eBay.com

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

there is no search this store any where i click, on,  iu click on the first category, and then i have to click on an item, then i get the option to search, but when i put anything in the search bar , it brings me back to the store page..  totally useless at this point..

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

When you click on the first category.... you get everything in that category

For that first category  you have 277 items ... This is a bit too much for one single category

Add subcategories  split this category into subcategories....such as single coins, proof sets and more

elsewhere..... rolls of coins ... single coins... and a sheet of coins over several years...  such as 1934 to 1964....

If you have 300 single coins in a category.....  make subcategories based on year or decade...

You have 50 listings per page ... One page for a subcategory would be easy for a potential buyer to see what you have..

Make it easier for a potential buyer to see what you have in your store

You can have up to 300 categories,  Main categories  plus subcategories in a store... use them.

---------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Start with the store......

Click on a category.....  and do a search at the top of the page

Select a listing... and when finished go back  to the store category, and then do another  search at the top of the page.

View a listing and then go back to the store listings.... Always go back to the store to view another  listing, or do another search at the top of the page....

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Also .....There is no separation of US coins from Canadian coins within a store category.

One can have as many as 300 categories  and subcategories in a store..

The store category is a potential buyer's first view of what is in the store.  Putting too much of  a mix of items in a category makes it difficult to pick out something from the the many different things in a category.

Also in a store a listing can be placed in two categories within a store

------------------------------------

I have about 4,000 listings spread across 285 categoriea and subcategories....

A potential buyer can go through my store and very quickly find what they might want to buy.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The search this store tab is at the top of the page to the right of the ebay logo.

I don't care for the way that they have set up search in the stores now.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes i have found how to get the search tab, but in no way shape or form, does it do the same things as quickly as the see other items link did..

Message 9 of 9
latest reply