Why is ebay stealing my money?

Typical bs.  we sold an item. the customer files a paypal claim minutes after purchasing.  As if they have been through this before. So the item arrives and they question the quality. we agree to the return and resend another. they are not happy with this one either. We agreed to reimburse for return freight anyways. customer is in west coast , we are in T.o.  so as you can see it takes a little while for freight and returns etc. so in the end we reimburse the purchaser for everything so they will hopefully just go away and we go to file with ebay to the close the sale and receive our final credit fees.  well guess what? it is past the 30 days and Ebay has decided to keep it.  this is typical from a greedy company.  oh and btw.  if you are connected with paypal for your website transactions and you get some theif buying something with a stolen cc, guess what paypal charges you a  25.00 fee for a transaction they accepted. what a bunch of ..... 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Why is ebay stealing my money?

The customer paid.

The customer filed a complaint almost immediately.

YOU SHIPPED ANYWAY.

Geez. At that point I would have refunded and put the nitwit on my Blocked Bidder List. Why on earth ...?

Customer receives item and complains (again).

You allow him to return the item, and even pay for shipping.

Geez. At that point I would have refunded and put the nitwit on my Blocked Bidder List. Why on earth ...?

Customer receives item and complains (third complaint).

and we go to file with ebay to the close the sale

Do you mean a Mutual Cancellation? The buyer has to either agree to this or ignore it for seven days at which point it will close. He can still leave feedback.

So you decided to throw good money after bad and continue.

Take this as a learning experience.

If the customer complains before shipping. Refund and move on.

If the customer returns the item, refund and move on.

Don't waste a month of your precious time fussing and hassling with someone who doesn't want to be made whole.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply