eBay Canada - Unable to add Charity Options to any listings for Kobe Bryant

Hi there,

As many of you know, Kobe Bryant passed away last weekend and I would like to give back to the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation. This charity is dedicated to improving the lives of youth and families in need by providing financial resources and unique programs tailored to the community.

I would like to contribute to this charity through the eBay for charity program, however I am having a difficult time with adding the option to existing and new items on eBay Canada. 

Would anyone be able to assist me?

** I originally posted this on the ebay.com community page here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Canada-Unable-to-add-Charity-Options-to-any-listings-for/...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If the charity is not among those recognized by eBay, you can't add it to your listings.

As I understand it, if it is a recognized charity (again recognized by eBay) the amount you want to donate will be automatically deducted from the payment you receive and sent to the Foundation.

This prevents scammers who pretend to be donating or even pretending to be representatives of a charity that does not exist.

It is also possible that the charity is recognized by eBay dot COM but not here on dotCA.

In that case you can list on dotCOM with few problems. 

You have to list in US dollars, use Flat Rate Shipping from an International Location, and give your location as Canada.  You also have to ship to the USA, but that's going to be your biggest market anyway.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

tyler@ebay  I don’t see an option on the .ca listing form for eBay for charity/giving works etc.  Are we not able to participate in that program on this site or am I just not seeing how to do it?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @pjcdn2005!

Hi @libruary - that's very considerate of you, and I think that that gesture is a very good one. 

However, at this time, sellers on both eBay.ca and eBay.de cannot donate a percentage of their item's final sale price to a certified nonprofit. Only nonprofits and their officially designated representatives may sell items on the site, and they must be listed with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the nonprofit. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply