hAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED, THE END AN ITEM , HAS DISSAPEARED FROM SELLER HUB..

trying to manually end a listing, by the item number, and the shortcut is gone, ebay help says to scroll through my listings, find it , and then end it..??? i used to be able to click on , end a listing, enter the auction umber and click cancel.. now that function is gone from my seller hub page..  can you all check you seller hub shortcuts to see if you stil have it.. I haven't done anything.. So i don't know why it is gone, unless ebay removed it..

It don't want to scroll through 800+ items to find the 1 item i need to end..

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: hAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED, THE END AN ITEM , HAS DISSAPEARED FROM SELLER HUB..

From the Managed Listing page-> Active Listings-> Item ID you can Search by number under Enter Value and that should give you End Listing as an option.

Or you can choose single items and the dropdown beside the title gives you End Listing.

Or you cand choose a bunch of items and the dropdown in Actions gives you End Listing.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Re: hAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED, THE END AN ITEM , HAS DISSAPEARED FROM SELLER HUB..

i am looking for the end listing function from seller hub..  where i just copy and paste the number in, i don't want to search through listings.. there should bve a short cut,, it used to be there..

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Yes, the end listing short cut is missing from the Seller Hub summary page... I don't know why eBay removed it but it was definately useful.  

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

The shortcut is still there in my Hub. You should be able to add it back by clicking on the little "settings" icon that's at the top right of that Shortcuts pane, or add a browser bookmark.

End a listing ...  https://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyA

Edit ... when I click on the link I posted it doesn't work, I get the ebay ooops it's us not you page. Maybe adding it to Hub as a custom shortcut might work. It's strange my Hub shortcut works fine.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

End a listing ...  https://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyA

Edit ... when I click on the link I posted it doesn't work, I get the ebay ooops it's us not you page.

You are missing a few trailing characters: https://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyAuction.  (I've had to use it quite a few times recently, as I haven't found an easy way to end a Second Chance Offer before it expires.)

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Yes, the end listing short cut is missing from the Seller Hub summary page... I don't know why eBay removed it but it was definately useful.  

Connected to Ending a batch of listings they have now removed the display to show which listing you are about to remove. All you see as an example is: Are you sure you want to remove 8 listings?

This was very helpful as a confirmation tool.

-Lotz

PS. If you believe you have made a mistake after the fact you can try Selling; Deleted Items in Sellers Hub

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I have the same problem. I have over 3,300 lots on ebay and I used to go to "END A LISTING" on the shorcuts. But it's disapeared. When I want to end only one listing I have to check all my 3300 lots to find it. Is somebody found an easiest an quick way to ernd a listing using the ebat number!

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Two ways I can see

Go to 'Listings' click on 'active'

On the left side of the page there's a column 'active' you will see a small icon looks like v

Click on v and one of your options should show end listing.

You can also use the box beside it, if you click on the box it will turn blue with a check mark look at the top of the page you will see Edit, Sell Similar, Actions, Sell it Faster.  Click actions and the option to end listing or mass end listings is there.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@marcret1948 wrote:

I have the same problem. I have over 3,300 lots on ebay and I used to go to "END A LISTING" on the shorcuts. But it's disapeared. When I want to end only one listing I have to check all my 3300 lots to find it. Is somebody found an easiest an quick way to ernd a listing using the ebat number!

Right up front this is more of a make-the-best-of-it workaround than an actual solution, but here's what I do to avoid clicking through pages and pages of Active listings:

1.  Find the listing via Search and open it in a new window.
  2. Check the listing Start Time (right column of heading, bottom of list), which will also be its renewal date, give or take a day or two. In this example, say it's the 15th. 
  3. Go back to your Seller Hub window and click on Active listings (for navigational convenience also open that link in a new window).
  4. Click on the Page Number most likely to land you within a range of end dates that will include the listing you want to remove. In this example, you would be looking for a lising with an end/renewal date on the 15th, 1 or 2 days away.
  5. Scoll through that page until you find the listing you want to remove, and select End Listing from the dropdown. just as others have advised.

Admittedly klunky, but it can save time for Sellers with hundreds or thousands of Active listings. Preferable would be restoring the direct link on each listing, or simply adding it to the Shortcuts section of our Seller Hub...

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

If you are looking at the listing anyway you can copy the item number, go to active listings and search using Item ID (item number)   Check if off and then select end listing under the Active colum.

To be honest, I don't even know there is was an end listing shortcut.  Why I do learn these things when it's too late. lol

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

i am looking for the end listing function from seller hub..  where i just copy and paste the number in, i don't want to search through listings.. there should bve a short cut,, it used to be there..

Seller Hub -> Active Listings -> Enter the Listing Number in the search box -> Use the dropdown to "end listing".

You can enter the Item ID in  the search box and even if the search is set to the default (Item Title) the listing you want will still come up using the Listing ID

Maybe it's one more click (don't know, never used the shortcut).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If you are looking at the listing anyway you can copy the item number, go to active listings and search using Item ID (item number)   Check if off and then select end listing under the Active colum.

That worked! And with 2 less steps than mine. Thanks to both you and recped.

Until now it never occured to me that we had an Item Number search option in Active Listings. That's kind of a big "Woo-Hoo!" for all kinds of stuff...

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@doc_scribe 

There is another way I just found........

Make your own shortcut! use this URL:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/ip?topicId=4146

It takes you to a gallery style page of all your listings with a search box (Title or Number), you click on the image to end the listing (not sure where that link takes you).

Maybe this is where the old Shortcut link took you to (or something similar)?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Wow. Even simpler.

Is that link on a ticket for the broken End Listing link in Seller Hub? If not, it should be.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

I don't think it's "broken" I think it was replaced by something else. There is only so much real estate in the Shortcuts box before you get the "show more".

Personally I never really use the default shortcuts just the ones that I made myself and placed in  the box.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Are we seeing different Shortcuts??? When I click on the End a Listing link at the top of the stack, I get redirected here: https://www.ebay.ca/n/error .

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@doc_scribe wrote:

Are we seeing different Shortcuts??? When I click on the End a Listing link at the top of the stack, I get redirected here: https://www.ebay.ca/n/error .

Getting the same error message from my shortcut list. Ending from the listing is still live.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@doc_scribe wrote:

What is "top of the stack"?

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

It's that list of hard-coded links in the Shortcuts section of the Seller Hub:

Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 22-13-26 Overview - eBay Seller Hub.png

If you click the gear icon, you can add your own custom shortcut(s). I just manually replaced the existing End a Listing link with your gallery view shortcut.

Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 22-21-45 Overview - eBay Seller Hub.png

The position of any new shortcut appears to default to the bottom of the stack, but when you hover over the link there is an arrow for moving it up one level at a time. Finished view:

Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 22-28-11 Overview - eBay Seller Hub.png

What happens if/when eBay updates the default shortcuts in this section is anybody's guess, but if the name of the shortcut remains the same, I would expect an overwrite. If that does happen, I will just re-enter that shortcut as Listing Gallery so as not to conflict.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply