looking for some advice, thinking of opening a second i.d for selling..

So i am thinking of opening a second i.d. for selling, just using the basic 50 free listings a month, something for my wife to try out.. So first off i realize i have to go into settings, and shut off ebay auto returns policy, but can you think of anything else i should be aware of.. I started my account 20 years ago almost, and forgot most of it.. I know to link  paypal, with email address,  .. so i guess i was wondering, can i use the same email twice, for 2 separate i.d.'s. , and  we will be selling items different from the other account, i assume there will be selling restrictions, as it is a new account.. or will ebay know the 2 accounts are the same. and waive any restrictions,  any help or insight anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance..

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I had to use a different email account but use the same PayPal for all my accounts.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When I wanted to increase the number of listings I phoned customer service and explained my experience. I was immediately given another few hundred listing limits. Much more than I requested.

Remember that you can get your fifty free on dotCA and another on dotCOM
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

When I opened this account, I had the restrictions of newbie, even if I had another well established account since 2000 (more than 1,000 positive feedbacks). My money was tied up until delivery confirmation or 21 days. It was for a few months only fortunately.

I also had to use a different email. But you can link both emails to the same PayPal account.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

I think that sounds like a great idea @esclyons!

As others have mentioned:

• There is nothing wrong with opening a second account 
  • You will need to have a separate registration email address (you can use the same PayPal if you'd like)
  • The new account will have the same restrictions as any other new account, so there will be lower listing limits and Funds Availability (funds on hold until confirmation of receipt by buyer)

Good luck to you and your wife!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply