Admitted Ebay glitch changes calculated shipping amount to $0.75

I posted a listing recently for a depression glass plate and noticed that the listing switched my calculated shipping amount of $12.75 to $0.75 when I finished. So I went right away and revised the listing re-posting the calculated shipping rate for Canada  to be used and noted that when I finished the listing correctly this time, it did list at calculated shipping within Canada as $12.75. Satisfied, I moved on to listing other items. Well, the plate sold and an invoice was requested, so I sent it thinking the shipping would calculate and show as $12.75, which it did. The customer informs me that the listing showed calculated shipping within Canada would be $0.75 and she wanted the plate for this amount. The listing glitch had switched the shipping back to $0.75 sometime after I had successfully revised it to show the correct amount of $12.75. 

I proceeded to contact eBay. The rep agreed after checking things on their end that the shipping should have been as per the invoice I sent to the customer, which calculated automatically the shipping to be $12.75 and not $0.75. They admitted it was a glitch on their end that caused the change. I was relieved. 

Then, to my shock, the representative asked me to tell my buyer to contact them using the automated system so that they could explain the glitch and try to amicably resolve the issue of botched shipping due to their listing glitch.  So here I am, dealing with an already frustrated customer with receiving an invoice different from what was listed, and now, I have to tell them this half-baked, lame explanation that they need to chase after eBay by calling, not directly, but by using an automated system to receive some lame answer that isn't going to satisfy this customer in the least. 

On top of that, I am told by this rep, that any bad feedback will be removed if the buyer isn't satisfied with the results because it is a glitch on their (eBay's) end.   So it will come down to what is considered "bad" feedback. Meanwhile, here I am... 

And by the way, this is not the first time this has happened to me over the course of two years with listings changing on their own. 

No need to reply, just disgusted... and fed up... 

Think I need a hot chocolate with marshmellows.... lots of marshmellows...

Janet and Paul
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is that the pink depression glass plate? If so, your listing shows as shipping by USPS. Are you shipping from the United States instead of from Canada?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There are a few of the OP's sold listings that show shipping is with USPS First Class International. That's really odd.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Another problem, it won't let me list any other way recently... driving us crazy. Just an update, eBay informed the buyer that I will ship the item for $0.75 even though it's an admitted glitch on their part. 

Janet and Paul
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You are using the term calculated shipping in your first post...but I assume you mean you are putting in a price of $12.75 flat rate? You can't use calculated shipping on .com if you are shipping from Canada.

What do you mean that it won't let you list any other way lately..... It won't let you use a flat rate for Standard or Economy Int'l shipping on the sell your item form?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply