Why do I have to create a shipping and a payment policy to sell something now?

krycrs
Community Member

Has the seller listing form changed? When I try and list an item to sell I am asked to create a payment policy under the select how you will be paid section, Also Under the add shipping details again I have to create a policy. I tried using one of my templates to sell a similar item where the shipping and payment info would already be there and it still asks me to create a policy. I have never had to do this before and not sure how to do it either. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why do I have to create a shipping and a payment policy to sell something now?

krycrs
Community Member
apparently I have opted in to ebays business policy thing, which I was unaware I had done. So how do i opt out of this so my seller listings are back to normal?
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Why do I have to create a shipping and a payment policy to sell something now?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/business-policies.html

You can currently opt out of business policies by clicking the opt out link in the upper right corner of the Manage your business policies page in My eBay > Account > Manage your business polices. If you opt out, the payment, shipping, and return details in your current and scheduled listings aren't affected.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm having the same thing happen to me. Before, I'd have a drop down menu to select shipping, payment, and return policies. Now I'm asked to input this each time I list, I can't just select a pre-made one. I can't find any link to the business policies under My Account.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm having no end of frustration with the "Create shipping policy" and "Create return policy" buttons. I can't push the listing through without them, but when I click on the links, I get a message telling me that I can't do it yet because it's new and will be phased in gradually over the next few months.

The simple setup isn't working for me either, because I want to list the item as Buy It Now only and not do an auction, and it doesn't seem to allow that. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm running into the same thing, too, and I can't find a way around it.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply