Shippo taking money from my paypal for miscellaneous services

Hi - I don't understand this.

I have not gotten any discount from Shippo on my last couple of shipping labels. It was the full quoted price that I paid (when I listed the item -that shipping estimate price on the form). No discount.

Today I have not sold anything or printed a label and Shippo has taken a payment from my paypal of 17.17 dollars for miscellaneous services.

What the heck?   Is this common or has my shippo account been hacked?  Does Shippo charge a monthly fee now besides the cost of the labels?

Does anyone know what the heck miscellaneous services are?

Is anyone else noticing there are no discounts on labels when printing through Shippo? I don't have a store and I am not a top rated seller if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Sherie

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I find Paypal is much more transparent about costs-- if you avoid NetParcel.

And you can make your label directly from your customer's payment, keeping all the bookkeeping in one place.

I guess we'll lose that ability when we are shoved into Managed Payments.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You sold an item to the US on May 28th and if it was to the US and was between 500gr-1kg the discounted label would have been $17.17 for a level one small business seller.  Had you already been charged for that label?   According to the listing the buyer would have paid $17.76 so there was a small (very small) discount on that.

If it was for another listing that you are questioning the discount, please let us know where the package was going to...state or postal code, dimensions and weight.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I find Paypal is much more transparent about costs-- if you avoid NetParcel.

And you can make your label directly from your customer's payment, keeping all the bookkeeping in one place.

I guess we'll lose that ability when we are shoved into Managed Payments.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thanks for your reply - i printed the label on the weekend and it was not paid for on that date - rather they took the money out during the week a day or so later causing mass confusion in my tiny brain lol - i have to do better at keeping track of what is going in and out of my account.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thanks for your reply. i will try this. paying directly from paypal will keep things easier for me to understand.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply