Advice on what to do now

I bought an original nintendo game for $56 + $11.78 for shipping & another $6.62 to that global shipping import fees.  The game arrives but does not play properly. I contacted the seller & they said they'd issue a refund & just to send the game back & provide them with a tracking number.  I was going to but to send it back trackable will cost me almost $30 so I said I wasn't going to bother.  
I was just going to leave it at that & told the seller that but then she sends me this message....

I'm surprised someone would be so eager to have ebay contacted so that makes me suspicious & I don't understand why she's saying I got free shipping.  I didn't reply & about 30 mins later I get this message from her....

At first I was willing to accept the game wasn't working, Like I said, it's really not worth my time or money to return it but now I feel ripped off & I'm mad.  I'm uncertain how to preceed though. The seller also never left me feedback & I sell so I can't risk getting a negative feeback left by her out of spite.  Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Advice on what to do now

You can ship back for less then $30 should cost $15-$20 ...

Sellers can not leave buyers Neg feedback which is why anyone with experience consider buyers feedback useless information even though 100's of buyers still like to say I HAVE PERFECT FEEDBACK.. EVERY BUYER HAS PERFECT FEEDBACK ...

The choice is your to return it or not but I would say ship back with Tracking and get your refund .. Right now your out $70 and change .. Return and you will only be out  roughly $30 ..

Or leave them appropriate feedback and move on

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Advice on what to do now

File and escalate a claim through PayPal first.  Wait for PayPal's instruction before returning.  That is the only way to guarantee you will get your money back.

With luck, the seller may agree to a refund prior to returning the item.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Advice on what to do now

Shipping is $13 + $15 to add the tracking

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Advice on what to do now

Oh I didn't even notice they edited my post & took out the messages the seller sent me. You guys don't even have the full story.
She's basically egging me on to contact ebay.  Telling me first to ask ebay to pay return shipping, that's when I said I wasn't going to bother.  She then said I had gotten free shipping on the item (which I didn't) & advised me to open a claim.  This is what really threw me off because why would a seller want a claim opened???
That was the message I didn't reply to then 30 mins later she sent me one saying she'd just talked to ebay & they told her it's my fault for not knowing the cost of return shipping before buying the item.  Who buys something expecting to return it!?  And then she threatened to not send to Canada anymore which doesn't affect me at all.
Her messages don't seem to make sense & Even though they don't this is why I'm starting to feel ripped off.
I also contacted an ebay "expert" & did some more investigating & I'm getting told the seller should be paying the return shipping

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Advice on what to do now

"an ebay "expert" ... I'm getting told the seller should be paying the return shipping"

Expert?

The rules require the buyer to pay the return shipping.  Those are the eBay and PayPal official policies.  Not very buyer friendly but those are the rules.

On the other hand many sellers will go above and beyond eBay and PayPal policies and cover the cost of returning a damaged item.  This is done voluntarily by some sellers; they are under no obligation to do it.

As stated earlier (I saw your original post before editing) file and escalate a claim against your seller today. Do not wait any longer. There is no point in communicating with your seller at this point.  Nothing to gain.

It is quite possible that once a claim has been filed and the money removed from his PayPal account, the seller may have a change of mind and decides to negotiate with you in good faith.

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Advice on what to do now

She's basically egging me on to contact ebay. 

She thinks you are in the USA where Delivery Confirmation adds about 25 cents to the cost of shipping.

Because you won't and because she thinks you are in the USA and because you are in a highfraud category, she thinks you are trying a scam and the 'contact eBay' is calling your bluff

And then she threatened to not send to Canada anymore which doesn't affect me at all.

She finally clued in that you are not in the States.

Open the dispute, return the item with Delivery Confirmation and get most if not all of the money you spent back. Leave appropriate feedback and more important, Detailed Seller Ratings.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Advice on what to do now

Since you did the purchase through the global selling program the seller would have received the shipping amount that they charge to domestic buyers Any other amounts for shipping charges were paid to Pitney Bowers, not to the seller. The import fees also went to Pitney Bowes. If you file a claim for an item not as described and you win, ebay or PB will refund your shipping charges and import fees. If you don't file a claim and the seller is willing to refund you, they will refund the money that they original received...not the international shipping charges or import fees. So it is in your best interest to file a claim. As already mentioned, buyer can not get negative feedback.

If the item was damaged when PB shipped the item from their warehouse to you, they usually don't require a return. But it doesn't sound like the item was damaged in shipping in this case so I am guessing that you will have to return it. If you do return it and have to pay shipping, go to www.paypal.com/shipnow and print a label there as you will receive a discount for tracked packet which does have delivery confirmation. If the package is under 250 grams, the cost will be $14.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply