Seller cancelled an auction after closing, re-lists minutes later.

I'll link the auction here: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/145535530912

Their account has been open less than a year with absolutely 0 feedback interaction and this 'was' their only listing ever. Now it's listed again- still with a quite low starting bid, but now including a buy it now price.

In their description they mention their preference to a price around $250 to $300 (the original auction closed at ~$60). Am I simply dealing with someone that misunderstands the starting bid function of ebay auctions?

The auction finished and quite quickly the seller cancelled on the basis of my address. It's a bit strange to me that cancellation is not a two-way interaction when initiated by the seller.

Anyways, the listing was for local pick-up but we both live in the same town about a 10 minute drive away so that didn't really make much sense. It feels like the least credible reason, even having the item be unavailable due to a personally handled sale would've felt less disingenuous. I'm pretty sure the seller was simply unsatisfied with the price.

Is there anything I can do about this seller's behaviour, or do I just have to move on?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller cancelled an auction after closing, re-lists minutes later.

Am I simply dealing with someone that misunderstands the starting bid function of ebay auctions?

Yes.

Sellers can cancel on the basis of address, although there are restrictions on that.

You could Message him and ask politely if he needs any guidance in setting up an auction.

Because him being  a newbie, having what seems to be a Reserve in the Description,and the local pickup being refused, seems to say he is confused.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply