What if an item is not received while I am on holidays?

Hello, my item is due to arrive by July 28, but I am away on holidays from July 24 to August 3.

If I get home and I find I didn't get the item is it too late to open a dispute or do I have to do that on July 28?

thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You have 30 days from arrival date to open a dispute on eBay. However you should at least contact your seller first, it may be that the post office tried to deliver it while you were away. If you do know that you'll be away why not ask your post office to hold your mail until you return?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@gregandsusan wrote:

Hello, my item is due to arrive by July 28, but I am away on holidays from July 24 to August 3.

If I get home and I find I didn't get the item is it too late to open a dispute or do I have to do that on July 28?

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=hold_mail

Also Canada Post does not immediately send the package back if you're not there, you usually get a week or so to go pick it up at the post office/outlet.

You can open an eBay dispute for 30 days after the last estimated delivery date. See your eBay purchase for the delivery time range estimate. If it says July 28, you have until August 27.

-..-

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Holding mail does not officially include parcels.  However, perhaps if you speak to the manager at your local Post Office where parcels are held, they may be able to help you with this.  What you don't want is for a package to be left on your front door step where any passerby could help themselves to it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

How about asking your next door neighbour to take in your package?

I think, but check with your PO, that they will hold any package for pickup for five days.

So if it arrived on the 28th that would be fine if that means five business days. since there is a weekend in there.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

thank you.  I tried earlier this week to re-route my mail while I'm away but they need more notice, so it can't be done

I will contact the seller.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply