eBay 25th Anniversary Party

I haven't seen any announcement for this "sellerbration" on .ca but it is open to Canadians AND if you register early, you get a parcel of SWAG!
Here is the link to register.
https://ebay25.com/

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

The FYI's and eta-cetera's, eta-cetera's for Sellerbration.

pages.ebay.com/social/ebaymyway.html

Unfortunately I took the day off when they offered the course in eBay Legaleze! 🙂

-Lotz

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

My eyes glazed over while reading the Terms and Conditions therefore I was unable to tick the box that I had read them and unable to register.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Yah but.

Free T-shirt!

I'm in it for the shirt alone.

Fee!

Oops - FREE!!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I'll do anything for a free t-**bleep**.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I would do anything for eBay updates/modifications that didn't create immediate glitches or the alternative, when glitches are discovered they're fixed immediately and include a sincere apology for the grief they caused.

Hmmm, maybe even more in fees. Oooopsie, bad typing fingers!!! Strike that last suggestion!!! Still working on first coffee

-Lotz

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

To date I have not received any sort of confirmation of registration for this event. I know a few Canadian sellers have received an email/message to confirm their eBay ID in order to receive the swag.
The registration screen also allows me to register multiple times, so I don't know if the original "took". It shouldn't allow you to do it multiple times?
Anyone else receive any sort of confirmation?

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Initially I "registered" or thought I did but received no confirmation or anything and I have no intention of pursuing further after having read the fine print. This whole thing reminds me too much of a "contest"  where you enter your name for a free this or that but you sign away all your privacy = no thanks!

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

and there it is!

and as mentioned previously...I won't be proceeding any further as I refuse to sign away my privacy!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@mandicrafts 

Just curious. Did anyone request/receive the free complimentary, au gratis, out of the goodness of their hearts, eBay swag package?

-Lotz

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Discussion...Responses from dot com land.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-25-year-sellebration-swag-anybody-got-it-yet/td-p/3120715...

Mileage and applicable customs charges  may vary for Canada.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

...I'll pass!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I got my swag today via FedEx pounding at my door, a day too late to join the big party. It was a T-shirt, pins and some postcards and stickers. I'd have participated in the Wear Your Shirt thing if I had a shirt to wear. Or does the party go on....?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@momcqueen 

Congrats and woo woo's on the belated swag. Sometimes it pays to fill in those forms. Lately, I just never know what I am truly signing up for by doing so, so I restrained myself to err on the side of caution. I heard there were a few folks that had issues logging in. Wonder if everyone is still recovering from all those virtual drink tickets they went through? Hmmm? At least no worries of anyone drinking and driving.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I regret I missed that party. Virtual drink tickets sound like just my thing. I can't remember what happened around here that day (was it seriously only five days ago?) but I seem to recall some sort of blur which must mean I existed in a state of semi-conscious panic over some crisis or another. Oh, yes. I remember now. Code Orange was declared for Winnipeg that day (and surrounding regions) which meant all my carefully-laid plans had to be shifted sideways within hours. Good times. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Yes, I got my swag for the 25th party, and for the Cdn UpFront.
Message 16 of 19
latest reply

They just listed the 25 sellers who are the inaugural induction to the eBay Hall of Fame for this promotion too and are offering special discounts for purchases from those sellers.

The link to all the sellers in a news article is here:

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/ebay-canada-announces-its-hall-of-fame-to-celebrate-25-years-o... 

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

ooops

Free t-shirt Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

yes
Message 19 of 19
latest reply