Welcome to the 2023 Winter Seller Update Board

Hello and welcome to the discussion board for the 2023 Winter Seller Update. If you are visiting the Community Forums for the first time please take a moment to review our Community Guidelines, and consider checking out other boards like Seller Central  or Buyer Central  to meet and connect with fellow Sellers.

This board is exclusively for questions regarding the announced changes (you can read more about them here). You won’t be able to start new conversations on this page, but you are able to leave questions in the thread. 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

"I'm a bit confused by the bolded part of the following statement:

We’ll also credit the $0.30 per-order fee when you issue a full refund through the Send refund flow, or if you receive a payment dispute for an unauthorized transaction."

When we receive a payment dispute for an unauthorized transaction we are supposed to be covered IF there is delivery confirmation showing that the item was delivered.  If there is delivery confirmation, we shouldn't have to give a refund. Is something changing so that we will have to refund? Or does the statement mean that IF the seller doesn't have delivery confirmation and has to refund in full then the .30 and fvf will be refunded?

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Re optional upgrades:

On the .com update it states that they will be dropping the scheduling fee and will no longer charge to add a buy it now price on an auction.  I believe those were already free for non stores but store owners had to pay for those options.  Soon on .com they will soon be free for all sellers.  But this is not mentioned on the .ca update. Will store owners on .ca not receive the free buy it now on auctions and free scheduling?

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

Hello and welcome to the discussion board for the 2023 Winter Seller Update. If you are visiting the Community Forums for the first time please take a moment to review our Community Guidelines, and consider checking out other boards like Seller Central  or Buyer Central  to meet and connect with fellow Sellers.

This board is exclusively for questions regarding the announced changes (you can read more about them here). You won’t be able to start new conversations on this page, but you are able to leave questions in the thread. 

Hello devon@ebay 

Just a heads up. The link to the announcement appears to be broken. Brings you to this.

about:blank#blocked

The announcement doesn't address the recent message for Multi SKU variant options will be removed and Seller Refurbished  being replaced with eBay Refurbished affective Mar   6, 2023

-Lotz

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

@pjcdn2005
I've been scheduling auctions for a while now, have not been charged any fees. I'm a basic store subscriber.
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Perhaps they have quietly stopped charging. But I know that other sellers have mentioned it and  it does say on the store selling fees page that there is a .10 charge.  There is no fee on the non store selling page. 

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Thank you for this board devon@ebay. Looks like I need some help here.

I routinely run many Custom Media Bundles/Lots - 60% or more of my listings at any given time - and while trying to bulk edit several of those listing for price, I was unable to save any of my revisions. Full stop accompanied by the following error message:

Info-Message_2023-02-01_1.jpg

Apparently this issue can only be resolved by individually revising each listing to reduce the "Bundle Description" field from its former 80 character length to a new max of 65.

Also, all of the red info icons in the "Status" column adjacent to each item included the following text: "Listings on eBay.com in this category are subject a maximum ShippingServiceCost."

Questions: I list exclusively on *.ca, but  what does this new *.com ShippingServiceCost threshold mean?  If left unchanged on *.ca, will that affect item visibility on *.com? Suddenly having to revise the majority of my listings individually will take some time, so what are the immediate and short term impacts of this sudden pox of error messages? Specifically, will eBay's Search algorithm be suppressing/hiding these listings until corrected?

Appreciate any insight you or others can provide...

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

devon@ebay wrote:

Hello devon@ebay 

Just a heads up. The link to the announcement appears to be broken. Brings you to this.

about:blank#blocked

The announcement doesn't address the recent message for Multi SKU variant options will be removed and Seller Refurbished  being replaced with eBay Refurbished affective Mar   6, 2023

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thank you for leting me know and that has now been updated! 

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Another cash grab from ebay, now over 13% fees plus the ridiculous FVF on shipping. I sell recorded music and the other site I list on charges 8% and no FVF on shipping. How is this even remotely competitive? I was in the process of expanding my ebay listings but this makes me reconsider.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

"I'm a bit confused by the bolded part of the following statement:

We’ll also credit the $0.30 per-order fee when you issue a full refund through the Send refund flow, or if you receive a payment dispute for an unauthorized transaction."

When we receive a payment dispute for an unauthorized transaction we are supposed to be covered IF there is delivery confirmation showing that the item was delivered.  If there is delivery confirmation, we shouldn't have to give a refund. Is something changing so that we will have to refund? Or does the statement mean that IF the seller doesn't have delivery confirmation and has to refund in full then the .30 and fvf will be refunded?

Hi @pjcdn2005! In the case of payment disputes we would credit back the $0.30 if the seller refunds the buyer. How finical instituions handle the disputes and delivery confirmations would be out of our hands. 

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

I don't know why Ebay claims they are trying to be competitive with their pricing
Their rate keeps on creeping up slowly maybe by 2025 it should be up to 15% lol
When they decided to charge FVF on shipping I should of ran.
Reconsidering also to transfer some of my items somewhere else were there is no FVF on shipping.
Its not worth selling items under $10 unless you got it for free
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Another 2.7% increase in fees-just what we sellers need, this after last year's 4.5% increase. All this in the face of a predicted upcoming recession.

More salt in the wound of having to pay FVFs (final value fees) on shipping charges and now taxes collected. eBay collects the taxes, we as sellers pay a hefty fee for them to do it.

The WFIMs (what's in it for me) continue to dwindle-at some point we sellers are going to have to seriously pursue alternatives...

You would think a multi-billion dollar operation would surmise it would be in their best interest to develop ways to retain us as fee generators via fee reductions rather than nickel and dime us as their current modus operandi.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

It's time to leave eBay.
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

So tired of the increasing fees, and less seller protections than ever.

Just feels like no matter how well established you are on this platform, there's no help.

Buyers have all the ability to scam sellers out of the item and the money, with zero help from eBay.

Even when the seller is 20+ years, and the buyer's account is a week old.

The fees keep going up and the benefits of this platform as a place to sell, continue to shrink.

Customer support is abysmal, on top of everything else.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

The worst cash grab is charging the sellers the FVF on the taxes they are mandated to collect by the Government. On top of the ever increasing fees for everything else... eBay has become a rip off.  And yes. Sellers get zero respect, you would think it would be different as we generate their revenue.  

Message 15 of 33
latest reply

15% in 2025, that's funny because it's true. Screenshot this page now and laugh later!

It will indeed be that high in a couple of years. They incrementally increase FVF over and over to let us get used to the previous gouge, we simmer down and then they try again and bump it up. I'm sure it was all part of the longer-term plan, starting with the "low" combined integrated payment fee structure they touted  when they did away with Paypal. It's likely more expensive to sell now in most categories  than it was then with old FVF rates and Paypal rates combined. 

We keep paying it and don't leave ebay so they keep squeezing. Satisfaction of shareholders is far more important than satisfaction of customers.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

ebay is  unbelivable

charge top $

u guys are too much

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Just more reason to continue scaling back my use of eBay.
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

For Canadian sellers, eBay is also adding on the HST and then applying the FVF percentage. In other words, they're collecting tax for the government (so they say), but they're charging sellers fees on those taxes. Don't forget to calculate that into how much they're taking from you. My net on my sales has fallen considerably with all of eBay's FVF scammage. On a one-dollar hockey card, I now net about 7 cents after I pay their fees onm everyting (final sale price, shipping, taxes), buy packaging, and actually send the item to the buyer, but eBya then claims that "We strive to maintain the lowest selling fees in the industry". Horse puckey.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

And eBay benefits from the cash-flow, cost of money, etc as they don't remit those taxes right away PLUS they have the nerve to charge sellers 12% of those taxes collected.  And for what effort? Nothing. They just tack the taxes on the felling price.  I joined eBay in 1999. The so called improvements they have made don't come close to being a value compared to how they jacked up the cost.  And don't get me started on that managed payments scam. With PayPal you could transfer right away or use the funds in PayPal right away.  Now it takes eBay 4 days to send your payment. SCAM! 

Message 20 of 33
latest reply