According to Zoomermag (azine), I am near death

Just read that the average woman will own 111 purses in her lifetime.

That makes me .. past dead!

No mention of shoes; therefore I am going to tip-toe out and leave well-enough alone....

....quit while I'm alive, so to speak;)
Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

;-)u

Alas, some of Imelda Marcos' 3000 pairs of shoes got eaten by termites.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ha, while I have lots of shoes, "Imelda-esque" I am not 🙂  

Truth be told, my shoe collection is painfully limited right now, and could have even been worse  -  Returning from Florida, I sent most of my shoes ahead of me (to free up luggage weight)  and the boat they were traveling in ended up being impounded at the border.  I was afraid (terrified, is more like it) that all my shoes were going to vanish into thin air if my suitcase disappeared from the impound lot!).   I had nightmares about ending up barefoot and pregnant , LOL!

The boat was eventually released upon our arrival back in the country, no entry had been  made inside the cabin, and my hostage shoes were all safe.  

Murphy's Law, interrupted! 😉

(On the other hand, perhaps somebody at Zoomermag was secretly trying to cull my shoe  collection to buy me some time;) )

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

I guess I'll be around for years yet.When I find one I like, I hate to let go. LOL

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Just read that the average woman will own 111 purses in her lifetime. That makes me .. past dead! No mention of shoes; therefore I am going to tip-toe out and leave well-enough alone.... ....quit while I'm alive, so to speak;)

I know many people on Canal st. in Manhattan. Yes that Manhattan. Having worked for many years in New York and lived near Canal for a while.

For those not familiar,Canal st was a place to buy any and all knock offs available to man(has since been toned down and not like it used to be). Lots of back alley dealings. I dealt a lot in knock off handbag/purses. All the big named designer brand names. This is what several dealers tell me.

Their buyers would buy components and or finished products from all the same sweat shops in china as the big named designer companies. Now of course all parties involved will deny this fact blue in the face.

Many of the run of the mill purses come from china and obviously sweat shops.

So its safe to say that many of your 111+ purses have components and or were assembled in a sweatshop. Certainly contradicts your boycott of walmart.

W1B-)

Beware of muffin bakin cellulite packin hot flashin dogmatic fibbin braggard nana's
Message 5 of 5
latest reply