Any Issues dealing with Chinese Exporters - My Experience with

Just curious if anyone has experiences issues with any Chinese exporters.

This is my experience with purchasing a USB Blu - Ray player from 

I had an issue with this Blu Ray player and it had a 6 month warranty. I sent an email about the issue and the first email I received from them said that the warranty was for only 3 months which was a lie. I then told them it was stated that the warranty was 6 months and then they came back that I had owned it for 192 days. Actually it was only a week over from the time I bought the item. I am sure anyone that has dealt with Chinese companies knows that it takes a lot longer than 1 week to receive the item so the warranty should have started after the time they said it would take to ship.I offered to make a deal with them because I though it was a good possibility that it was just the USB case that was the problem and if they were to just ship me the enclosure I would accept that instead of a whole new drive and they told me they would get back to me and never did get back to me.

This is a warning when dealing with Chinese companies like .I left an excellent feedback for this company and if I could revise it now I would give them the worst rating I could just for lying to me

I am happy to note that I did buy another enclosure to replace the drive from this deal and it works 100%

Any other experiences similar I would like to hear them and companies to avoid from China. I realize that not all companies from China are like

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@florenciabay wrote:

Any other experiences similar I would like to hear them and companies to avoid from China. I realize that not all companies from China are like

Not all, but most.  You thought you'd save a bundle by buying from China.  Now you know better.  There are more problems from that one country than all the rest combined.  You can tailor your search to shop just from North America.  Saves a lot of headaches.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This is a warning when dealing with Chinese companies like .I left an excellent feedback for this company and if I could revise it now I would give them the worst rating I could just for lying to me

While the ability to leave feedback expires after 60 days, one can leave a Reply or Follow-up to Feedback indefinitely. A one-time reply or follow-up, that is. Go to your own feedback page and find the following at the bottom and then click it and go to the next prompt. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 7.05.39 PM.png

And Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 7.05.52 PM.png

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I generally limit goods from China to inexpensive items such as cables, nick knacks etc.

Now, on occasion I do buy more pricey items such as a phone or laptop, but I understand the risk of doing so and choose brands based on reviews. These days many tech journalists cover China devices so it's easier to find reviews.

But, like, it's China.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply