Are sellers buying off Amazon, and having Amazon ship you the item allowed ? middle man ??

I have received items I purchased here, being shipped to me via Amazon , from a different location listed in the ad , is this allowed ? Or should I just give up on Ebay , and start buying on Amazon myself? or direct from the supplier ?? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Are sellers buying off Amazon, and having Amazon ship...

Yep.

It's not uncommon.

It's a form of dropshipping, in which the retailer advertises a product and when he gets a sale, orders it from another supplier giving his customer's address for delivery and pocketing the price difference.

The drawback of course is that the customer is righteously upset..

And makes his next purchase direct.

But it is legal, just as it is legal for WalMart to buy from a Chinese manufacturer and put their own brand name on the product.

A little more blatant is all.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

devin1796 wrote:

I have received items I purchased here, being shipped to me via [elsewhere], from a different location listed in the ad , is this allowed ? Or should I just give up on Ebay , and start buying on [elsewhere] myself? or direct from the supplier ?? 

Maddening, isn't it.  Dropshipping is common, but what is not allowed is saying the item is in one location when it is in another.  That is also common but there is a policy forbidding it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/item-location.html

Check the seller's feedback.  Chances are you are not the only person to be irked by this. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I had a similar situation, I needed an HDMI splitter box, found it on ebay ordered it... 3 days later arrived in an Amazon box from Amazon. I searched Amazon and found it to be $10 cheaper, ok, my bad, I should have searched myself. However, then comes the issue when 2 of the ports didn't work, it was a fun time watching the ebay seller wiggle around how to proceed, it is not worth the hassle in my opinion. End result, I got a refund, sent it back to the EBAY seller at their cost - dont know how it worked out for them.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply